My 4" katbobber laid on its side

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by lj catman, May 28, 2007.

1. lj catman

lj catman New Member

State:
    la junta,colorado
    went fishing at are resovior threw a katbobber with 2 oz sinker and a live sucker about 9"" long and my bobber laid on it's side what's wrong that i'm doing here gene. also when i put my glow stick in it came out at the bottom of the side i never used this before so i know i'm doing something wrong please help

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I think the Katbobber is supposed to lay on it's side, and then stand up when you get a bite - it gets your attention a little quicker that way. If you want it to stand up all of the time, use a little more weight, or a smaller size Katbobber and it will stand up.

The glow stick just inserts through the small hole and down into the foam. If you push it straight down it should stop out when it hits the plastic on the other side. If that didn't work, try starting a new hole - you can just rotate the foam on the katbobber a little bit if you need to - and try to push the glowstick straight down.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Godd answer Gary. The thought occurred to me that you may have put the bobber on upside down and maybe didn't use a bobber stop. When you put the bobber on insert your line on the same side as the glowstick hole so that it is heads up. If you don't have a bobber stop the line flows freely. The knot goes into the top of the bobber and the weight makes it go vertical. Either the knot wasn't there, went through the bobber, or it was shallower than you had thought.

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Both of the answers are correct. When it is to the side and you get a bite it will straighten up.:big_smile:

5. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Alfred:

GaryF gave the same answer I would have given. If you want the Bobber to stand up straight, just add a couple more oz. of weight. These bobbers will handle the weight unlike my competition's bobbers. The size of the bait is just a neutral thing unless it is trying to go deep which most won't. Make sure when you insert your glow stick, that you push it straight down into the foam. If you mess up, rotate the foam like Gary mentioned.

Good luck;

Gene

6. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I got to try my kat bobbers today. I really like them. They work like Gene said.

7. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    :0a23:Gene is right,these Wild Wolf bobbers can handle the weight!!! I bought two of the five inch bobbers,it took four and one eighth ounces each to stand the bobbers up! I found this out at home before I took them fishing. With a five gallon bucket of water I started puting sinkers on first I put one and one half ounce sinker on,the bobber almost laid completely on its side! So I took took that sinker off and put two, two ounce sinkers on.The bobber almost stood straight,by adding one eighth ounce the bobber stood straight!!! So these bobbers will float with a lot of weight attached to them, and keep your bait from swimming off! GOOD LUCK!!!

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Same here,I add more weight so they stand up. I kinda like it when they barley lay on there side and stand up when I get a fish.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i use genes bobbers in a lake where the floating structure is about 150 yds.off shore.using a 1/2 ounce sinker the wind takes my bait out 10 times faster than a conventional cork.and fellows they do catch fish.

10. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    They work GREAT!!!!!!! we got over 200LBs this weekend using The KATBOBBERS!!! The fish in my avatar was caught with on!!THANKS GENE!!

11. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I gotta add my 2 cents on the Katbobbers. I got mine about 2 months ago and I have NEVER had this much fun fishin. I simply use a 4/0 khale, hook a small bluegill under the dorsel, set the stop about 2 feet and chunk her out in my favorite pond.

I have managed to catch a 5lb largemouth, and several nice channels in the 4-12lb range, I suppose it's the visual aspect of these bobbers, but what a blast watching that baby "dissappear".

Thanks Gene for a great product, money WELL spent.

(Oh yeah, my kids like them too!!):wink:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i don't know much about the bobbers, but i just bought 500 glowsticks from gene, and really are impressed with the lighting. i would suggest them to anyone. might try them katbobbers as well...rollo