My 24' Pontoon journal

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by FireWater, Apr 12, 2007.

1. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello,

This will be my journal of all the modifications I will be doing to my 24' pontoon boat. The first photo is how to got the boat (you should have seen my wifes face) $1500.00. It came with a 40hp mariner. The seconed photo is the boat after plywood was put down. I will update as I go. If you see anything that I should do let me know please..

Attached Files:

2. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is a photo after all the rails have been put back on.. Thank god he had them. Also the pontoon it a '86..

Attached Files:

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Raise those rails up off the floor about 3/4 to 1 inch and it will eliminate the mold that forms around them and will also make washing the deck down easier.
    I also have a 24 footer tracker party barge.

4. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    I posted this photo to late!!! There are down hmmmm.. O-Well

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice Job, looking good so far!
    Them pontoon rebuilds are fun. The seats and the bimini shade are the expensive parts..
    * Good luck!

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Its all expensive. I'm looking at 3500 for my pontoon rebuild.
    Start buying a simple dash switch at 15 bucks a pop, batteries, epoxy, wood, etc. Buying a bimini would be a blessing.
    If I had to pay for all the aluminum welding, materials , and fabrication you could easily add another 1000 to that figure.

Rigging is the most expensive part. All those little parts, pumps, wire, etc normally add up to more then it costs to build a hull from scratch building stitch and glue.
    A 1500 dollar hull would typically cost 2000-3000 to rig above average and water ready minus the motor. You can get by with far less if you dont want much and dont care what it looks though.

7. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    It is going good so far I am up to a total $ amount of about $2500 that is doing all the work myself with the help of some of my buds. I am just working on the major things and will add when time and $ allow. Mark can you post a photo of you pontoon for me to look at. Please show the controls.

Thanks,