My 2009 bucks

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathead willie, Dec 3, 2009.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Here are my first two this year. I got them both on the same day. Maybe when late muzzle loader season opens on Dec. 12th I can get a better one.
    DSC04472 small.jpg

DSC04471 small.jpg

2. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Those are pretty nice! Most would be lucky to get one, let alone 2 and expect more!:big_smile:

3. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    The pictures aren't right. I've been playing with them on another program. I'll try again.
    2009 bucks 1.jpg

4. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    The other one! That should make them easier to see.
    2009 bucks 2.jpg

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Not too shabby my friend, not bad at all. Kill ya a gooden with that smoke pole.:wink:

6. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    It ain't over till it's over. I've still got one buck tag left. Now it's time to take the Hawken for a walk and try to put the sneak on another one.

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Willie, you done good!

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Pretty good for one day.,

9. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Those are nice bucks !:big_smile: now who was complaining about wasteing 6 hours ?:wink:

10. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Hey, Dave, 6 hour wasted is time I can't get back. It certainly didn't waste my season, just my Thanksgiving Day, which is one day of the rut. I haven't had a wasted season since 1978. This year I quit bow hunting (4 wasted weeks), but during two weeks of muzzle loader and two weeks of gun season, I managed to get out hunting 6 days. I took 8 deer, and let at least 30 others walk in those 6 days, so I can't complain. That's not too bad for a 120 acre property. However, I know there are at least 2 real wall hangers there that I was hoping for a chance at. The land owner had been seeing them a good bit during the summer and before the season started, but they haven't shown up since. Now I will have two more weeks of muzzle loading left, and very few people are in the woods in the late season. That is when I abandon the modern weapons and the stands and hunt "Mountain Man Style" in the post rut. That is how I got my 2nd and 3rd biggest bucks, and the #2 come off this same property. It is also the time when the bear hunters are running their dogs in the National Forest, 2 or 3 miles away, and running deer onto the farm land, replenishing the supply where I'm hunting. I would like one more on the wall before I retire from hunting.

11. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    At this rate you will retire this year !
    Come out and try our little white tails!
    you are so spoiled,:angry:I hunted for a week and didn't see 30 deer(couse) on unlimited acres .

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Those aint nothin to sneeze at,Good racks . both of them.

13. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    very nice, we only get 1 here in KY and I have past up 2 so far that were within their ears...hoping for a biggun!

14. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Way to good Willie, that is two fine deer. Looks like you will have all the deer to eat this you want.

15. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I appreciate that, but no thanks. I've been to AZ and I see no reason to go back. I don't know how you stand that heat. I left here on Sept 3rd at 7pm and it was 68 degrees. I got there and it was 107 degrees. "But it's a dry heat!", my foot!! The first bug I saw was a scorpion. Then some lady in a store tried to hand me a spider the size of a saucer. I thought I'd have to kill her! LOL :wink::smile2:

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hot,, Bring it..
    This morning heading out to look for an Elk,, it was about 20 degrees,,
    dry or not it was COLD...
    I glassed about 5 square miles,, nothin but a jackrabbit,, and It was a shiverin'!!!

Don't worry Willy, them bugs and spiders are just for the tourists..
    10 Big Game species in this state,, and,,from Turkey to Buffalo, They're ALL a HUNT!!

17. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    only 3 people were bit by rattlesnakes this year (that lived):big_smile:

18. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Excellent. Go get another!

19. katman#1

katman#1 New Member