My 1st Flatty!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by willybojo, Jul 30, 2008.

1. willybojo

willybojo New Member

State:
    fishers, in
    went out this evening with Howard (new B.O.C. bro'), last minute to some boat docks in a Geist Res. neighborhood. i wasn't sure what to expect as we were in a spot that was probably about 50 ft accross and about 10-12 ft. deep. when i arrived H had already caught an approx. 8lbs channel and 2 3-4 lbs channels. after about 10 min in water, caught about a 3-4 lbs channel. about 10 after that my line took off and i set the hook. 5 min later i landed a 8-10 lbs flatty! i'ts not a big one for boc standards but my first and my biggest catch of the season so far. all we had was a cell phone cam so if it is decent, will post. maybe tomorrow i will catch one that i can use for my avatar picture (that is why i don't have a pic yet). one hour on the lake with your close bro' catching flatties, channels, and bullheads...priceless!

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on your first flathead and on what sounds like a great night fishing. We look forward to hearing your future stories

3. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Congrats on the flattie. I would call that a bonus on Geist or Morse. I will be on the river all weekend canoeing and fishing at night if you want to come up.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Like rairdog just said...that is a bonus on either one of those lakes. Congrats. I've caught 2 flatties outta Geist over the past 5 years, both were up at Geist Park, yet to get one out of Morse. I have caught a few on Fall Creek Just below the Geist dam too on occasion.

5. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    congrats on ur first flattie stay at em they only get bigger:wink:

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Congrats on your 1st of many flattys. :wink:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    BJ congrats on your first flathead. WTG.

8. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congratulations man! Now be prepared for many sleepless nights going after those big boys, the first one I caught got me hooked and my wife wishes I would have never caught it. HAHA:big_smile: