My 1 Year Mark

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Feb 2, 2009.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Feb 2009 marks my 1 year with the BOC. Wow, a year can fly right by when yer havin fun.
    One year ago this month I was sittin at the computer veggin out on the www when i stumbled uppon a link that was for the BOC. I checked it out & joined. I cant remember who got credit as the referrer but i know i used someone's link. I only wish I would of kept up on the BOC when I joined sometime before Aug of 2005. I was goin through some tough times back then and didnt have access to the internet to see the e-mail tellin members to make a new acct. for the new site. I wish I had. I can't help but think that the great people of the BOC would of helped through their advice with the troubles I was havin at the time.
    Since re-joining in Feb '08 and becomming an active member I have met the greatest group of people a person could hope to meet. I mostly hang out in the Kansas section but venture out from time to time. The members of the Kansas section is who I have gotten to know the most though.
    Kansas BOC members.... wow, well, there is a little of everything that comes with this crew. Although we may bicker with eachother at times we still stand together as one. At times it seems as though we are our own group aside from the BOC as a whole, :smile2:. We often times do things a bit different than the rest but we get it done regardless. I tell ya what though. I wouldn't trade y'all for nothin. I have never been denied help when needed even when it wasn't requested. Y'all have treated me like what the "B" in BOC stands for, like a brother, (sometimes the redheaded step brother but a brother nonetheless, lol) and y'all have treated my sons Leeland & J Jr. the same.

Thank you for being the way y'all are.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well said JJ.......i think we can all argree with what you just said.I have met some great people through the BOC and look forward to meeting more again this yr and i know I will.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well said JJ.
    Happy Anniversary.:smile2:
    We do have a great bunch of guys here.
    It has been a memorable year for me as well. I made quite a few friends here and some of them I consider really good friends.
    Hurry up and get back, you are missin out.:embarassed::smile2:

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Glad to have you as a brother JJ. I know that things would not be the same with out you on here and when fishing. One thing for sure people would not get snags undone with out you!:smile2:

There is always an open seat in the boat for you and the boys.

5. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You said it all JJ can't wait till June gathering Congrats on your 1 year.

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations man. gr8 post and hope to get to meet you Kansas boys at ur get-together.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i wanted to cry

jj u r one of the many reasons i like the boc

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on your 1 year anniversary. My 7th year will be in June

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Congrats on your 1st anniversary J.J., I wish you'd of found us sooner too, you're definitely and asset to the membership, UH, and yes, you ARE the redheaded stepson:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2:.

10. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    ahh jj all them nice things you said, put a tear in my eye...ok not really:smile2:

11. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Life is a lot more fun with you around, JJ! Happy Anniversery?

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  13. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congratulations J.J. On the one year anniversary it sure is more fun with you around on here and fishing with you as well.:smile2: