Muzzy Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flannelman, Jan 6, 2006.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i just picked up some muzzy 125 grain 4 blade broadheads. wat does everyone thing about them? do they leave a good blood trail?

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Great Broadhead, I would recomend them anyday and I have never had a problem with the blood trail, except on Black bears, but with their thick coats they often won't leave a good trail.

3. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    Muzzys are the only broadheads I use now. They're sharp, durable, and "bad to the bone" heh, I had to say that :D . I love that muzzys come with practice blades so you don't have to use your good ones for sighting in. Great broadheads.

4. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think Muzzy sucks I used them this year and will never use them again. I shot a doe in the lungs and waited two hours before tracking her and tracked her for over 300 yds and never found her. I prefer Steel Force I have shot Steel Force for four years and shot five deer with them and never tracked one over 100 yds.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I didn't like them and just couldn't get them to fly right. I use Thunderhead 100's and never had a problem since. Been using them for 10 years.

6. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    Rivercat, a lung shot is a good shot no matter what broadhead you're using. As long as the arrow pierced the lungs the deer's going to bed down and die. Sounds more like inexperienced tracking. :p

7. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chrisingeorgia I hunted for 12yrs. and my dad has hunted for over 30yrs. and we have killed alot of deer. The blood trail was full of bubbles how she went that far I have no idea. Like I said i've never had any promblem with steel force broadheads, any way Illinois deer are bigger than those in Georgia :p . just joking.

8. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    IF you have trouble getting the 4blade to fly right, and you're bow is properly tuned for broadheads don't shy away fromthe 3 blade muzzy's they seem to be more forgiving of minor tuning flaws.

Me and all my hunting buddies use either muzzy or thunderheads. The KISS principle is golden and these two lines of broadheads prove it.

9. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I hate muzzy's they fly terrible past 30 yards and they leave a less than marginal blood trail if they hit anywhere but the sweetspot.

10. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Muzzys are the way to go, I won't use anything else.

11. John Rogers

John Rogers New Member

State:
    va
    It's all about shot placement. PERIOD!!!!! I could epoxy an arrowhead I found onto one of my arrows and if it was sent through both lungs of any walking animal........he's going down!!!! I have never lost an animal that was double lunged. I thought I double lunged a few lost animals only to have recovered or found later and determined one lung was hit! The Hammer Head by Rocket is what I shoot. My profile pic weighed 290 lbs at the meat locker and my properly placed Hammer Head was a complete pass through. Now if I Hit a deer foward or high in the shoulder area, I would rather have a Muzzy because of its better penetration. I'm not aiming there thats why I use Hammer Heads. They flat out "Layeth The Smack Down"

12. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    My Dad and Brother have taken Turkey, Antelope, Boar, Blacktail,Mule and whitetail deer and elk this year, and the muzzy four blade is what they used. I get great accuracy out to 60 yards and they paper tune on the button.
    Good luck!;)