Muzzleloader Season

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by lance, Oct 13, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Week out from ky muzzleloader I'm ready are you ?

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Alabama muzzleloader Season opens Nov. 17. Both my sons and I have a
    weeks vacation already scheduled. The three of us have done this every
    year since Alabama started having a muzzleloader season. What more
    could an old man ask for than to spend a week hunting with his grown
    sons. I appreciate them taking a week away from their own families and
    I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. I think they do.

3. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Poppa, you're a lucky man...My 30 yr old does'nt give a hoot about huntin' or fishin', my 17yr. old that was outdoors with me every weekend from 8 to 16 is chasin' girls...I'll see him again when he's about 25.....

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Our muzzleloader season starts this Saturday on the 18th. I sighted in the muzzleloader yesterday and have it ready to go. Looking forward to the season here in Arkansas.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Virginia season starts November 1. Can't wait. Going to the mountains of Bath County. The farm is covered up with does so hopefully there will be some horns around after we cull a mess of does. Absolutely my favorite season.

6. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Thank You for saying that Ed. I know I am truly blessed. Be patient your
    boys will come around in time. Mine did.

7. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    here in kentucky we have just the weekend coming up (Oct. 18-19) Its just the two days then we get a week in December (Dec. 13-21) we had youth gun this past weekend and I took my boy sunday and we seen a nice 8 point but he never come in close enough for the boy to be comfortable with the shot and seen 8 turkey birds. so it was not a total lost we seen deer and birds. I will say I was proud that my boy didnt just want to start spraying the woods with lead hoping for a luck shot and was looking for the one clean and clear shot. JUST MABEY HE DOES LISTEN SOME TIMES:cool2:

8. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I still enjoy hunting with my dad but his health has kept him out of the woods for the past couple of years. My 17-yo son has been a hunting partner since he was 12 and I'm happy to report that my beautiful 14-yo daughter wants to join her big brother and daddy this year. I'm a very lucky man. Good luck to all of you who spend time with family. You're rewarded in many ways beyond the hunt.

Mike

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Maryland muzzleloader starts tomorrow, Oct 16. and goes thru the 18th, then from the 20th thru the 25th is doe only. It sucks that its supposed to be 80 degrees and raining tomorrow. I hate sharing the woods with skeeters. Such is the price.

10. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Opens Nov. 1st
    Ready, very Ready
    We need a little rain down here to quiet this up a bit though.
    And a little cooler temps would be nice too.
    I here both are coming:wink:

11. willybob

willybob New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    This weekend is our opener heading out friday evening for a 4 day deer camp all my by lonesome. Can't wait to get to the mountain. Weather
    is shaping up quiet nicely with lows in the upper 40s and highs in the low 70s. :cool2:

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Saved by my father in law ! Went to clean the nipple on my muzzleloader and SNAP :angry: Broke off down in the threads ! He came up with one for me to borrow . Was gonna have to bowhunt . That would have limited ME to 20yds. Haven't practiced much this year . Anyway good luck to all !