Mustang Suits

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by stickthrower, Dec 12, 2005.

1. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Guys if you are looking for a great winter suit you need to check the Surplus Stores for a Navy or Army "Mustang Suit". These are the survival suits used by the Coast Guard, USN ,Army for use in winter/rough water conditions. They are said to double the time in cold water survival time. They can be had in coverall or parka/bibs configuration. New on the market they sell for $3-500.00 a set. I picked up "coverall" type a couple of years ago at a surplus store for $25.00 new in the original plastic bag. You will not believe how warm it is. I have been out in the snow fishing when the temp was 5 degrees and could not keep the zipper up all the way! Normally I wear a pair of thin long johns with wool pants & a sweater under neath, as I don't need any more with the suit. It also floats should you get spilled into the drink. Makes alot of sense for comfort & security in the winter for sure.

2. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Can we find them at ant online stores.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Wish I could find me one . I am very cold natured. :D

4. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    These things are great. Mustang makes them and so does Stearns. The Coasties around here have them and I would love to get my hands on one.

5. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I have only seen the jackets in BP and Cabela's catalogs, never the coveralls. I'm with you TopSgtLawrence. Since I developed High Blood Pressure and artharitis cold gets to me quick! Like I said before, check the bigger surplus stores & maybe ask them to order one for you. You might also try online for bigger surplus stores or maybe a commercial fisher site.
    Frank :0a36:

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif