Mustang life jackets

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by cumberlandcat, Jan 8, 2008.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have had a few of the mustang survival life jackets for a couple of years and I went out to the boat tonight and they all had inflated in the side box of the boat. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them like this. They didn't get wet and its not cold nor hot it doesn't make sense I could see if it was really cold or really hot or humid. Just wondering if I should pay the money and put in new c02's or not.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Chris, the bobbin in most all inflatables, as far as I know, are recommended for replacement at regular intervals. They will deteriorate with age and service. See your user manual. I've had a couple go off prematurely, but the bobbins had been there for quite a while, in rainy weather, and in hot vehicles, too. Not ideal conditions. :wink:
    I've also worn them in heavy rain without inflating, but I try to store them in a dry place after each use, especially if they have been in the rain.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will have to get some more refills I just thought they were good to go until I fell in.