mustad v.s gama

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by offshore_angler, Aug 16, 2009.

1. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    what do you catmen think of the gama octopus 5/0 an 8/0?? i just bought 150 of each..im a big fan of mustad circles, but i hear a lot of talk about gama.

2. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    I always use Gama octopus hooks. anywhere from 1 to 7/0 depending on where I'm fishing and what I'm fishing for. I've also heard good things about Mustad...but I have great confidence in Gama's, so why change?

Bill

3. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    well mustad imo is the sturdiest most well made best all around hook but gamas are extremely sharp and pretty durable they are both good hooks but i like mustad..........RAT

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    you got yourself some good hooks, you will like them!

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    John welcome to the BOC and i only use Gama 8/0 4x strong octo circles. Your gunna like them.:big_smile:

6. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    yeah i've heard nothing but good things about them so i geuss ill give them a shot..i geuss change is good!thank you

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the gamma "offset" circles.. ultra sharp and last years.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
  9. rocco641

rocco641 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    imo gama all the way, mustad=butter knife Vs Gama=fillet knife in sharpness terms

10. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I have never used mustad I just started using gamas and no problems yet:wink:

11. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'm with ReelBlues I use Gamma 8/0 4x strong octopis circles

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    I use the gamma "offset" circles.. ultra sharp,and they last, providing i dont get snagged up, and even when i do there's been a few times i was some how able to pull it lose, there was one time, i was locked down big time in something from HELL, well some how i FINELY get lose and all it did was bent the tip, got my pliers out and bent it back and went back to fishing, with no misses b/c of a doll hook :smile2: