Must be nice!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kenlaw76, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    It must be nice to have the money to blow on a $100,000 swimming pool. Here is a pic of the job I did today.

Attached Files:

2. Man, even in this economy right now, must be nice is right:confused2:.

Good job Kenny......:wink:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    We live in a society where the rich get richer and the poor gets freebies!:cool2::wink:

Us middle class are totally screwed!:embarassed:

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    That thing is sweet.

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thats nice! :cool2:

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Here is a pic of what it looked like when I showed up to the job.

Attached Files:

7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Here is a pic of the sunshelf, and a pic from the shallow end to the deep end. I wish I could see it when it is finished after they put on the tile, plaster and stone facing around the spa.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    You should put some catfish in it for em, im sure they would appreciate it.:smile2:

9. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Yeah it sure is nice :angry:
    People making money that can afford stuff like that are a big part of the reason things are so screwed up. The world is Bass Ackwards!

10. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    WOW... You can keep a lot of bait in that thing!

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You gonna stock that rite. LOL!

12. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Looks like a big azz jucuzzi. probably will be heated too. But yeah, that sure is extravagant, no doubt.

13. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    The pool we did today was for a dude that was only 36 and he does something in tha banking profesion. He had a sweet pad over in Jersey. He had copper roofs on his crib that cost him $190,000 :eek:oooh:. All I could think of all day was taking that stuff to the scrap yard. I was talking to the builder and he said that when they took the old copper roof off and scraped it, he got $62,000 for it. It is sick the amount of money some of these people have. Makes ya wonder.

14. Well, didn't all that stimulus money go to the banks the first time out??:angry: There ya go buddy.:wink: Meanwhile construction is shut down because the banks won't lend money.

I deal with concrete contractors and we are still trying to find out where all this stimulus infrastructure dough is at:confused2:, because we are still all dead in the water here:angry:. We had two more customers this week go out of business:sad2:.

Maybe they should get into the pool and roofing business??:smile2:

15. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    From what I am hearing, JDM guys are going on strike. Sucks for them.

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that wasn't even his pool, that was just his bait tank:smile2:

17. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    LOL.:smile2: You know it dawg. I would put the hot tub on it's own filter and pump so I could use that all year long and make the pool part a bad ass pond with it's own system and add some driftwood stucture, PVC structure and maybe even make a little cave from rock.Then stock it with goldfish, gills, bass and of course bullheads. And throw a #20 Flat in there. Then I could chill in my hot tub and watch him. Or I could throw on the dive gear and go chill down there for about an hour and a half or so.:wink: I can't wait till it doesn't rain for a good perod of time and the river gets really clear. I really want to dive a few of my bank spots and get my weights back and see what the heck is stealing my rigs.:cool2:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  18. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    How many yards of concrete did you pour into that? Good Lord, that's HUGE!

Nice job, by the way. Always good to see the result of a tradesman's work!

19. I have personally never SCUBA'd but wish I could in my stretch:embarassed:.

Especially in the wintertime. When I get the boat out there during that time, it is crystal clear and can see the bottom in 10' of water:eek:oooh:.

God knows what kind of glory holes you can see along that bank in those conditions:wink:.

20. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I think we put between 80-90 yards in that pool. When we did the owner of the company's pool we used 130 yards. His pool has flame throwers and fog jets to shoot fog over the water. He also has a vanishing edge that is about 30' long. I have some pics somewhere. I will have to find them and scan them. It is a bad ass pool.