Musky fishing in Pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by kaleigh, Feb 19, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Is anybody out fishing besides me???? :rolleyes: I seem to have the Delaware River all to myself.Caught a few small ones 20"or less,and a few small cats. Anyone else out in the cold?

2. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Count me in! Have several people here fishing for them. Some real diehards. Friends of mine have caught several. One was pushing the 50 inch mark. I haven't caught one yet this year.:crying:

3. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Here is one that was caught about a month ago. Fat fish for all the bigger it was. 32"

Attached Files:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rockjumper - That's a real pretty looking Muskellunge! Thanks for posting the photo!

5. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    out today....rainy but temps not too bad.Caught 2 small Pickerel.Great day in the fresh air,who cares about the fish????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I was out saturday,first I had my boat out all year. Caught one walleye. Sure was nice to be out, :)

7. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I was out Sat. as well in my boat on the Suskie N.B. I was hopeing for an Eye. but had no luck there so I switched over to Smallie's. I ended up with 10 Bass from 13 to 171/2" everything was cought on tube's. The river was riseing all day with a lot of trash flooting around. Today the river is 7' higher than it was on Sat. Now if only the wind would slow down we could do some Catfishing.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    jigerjim - sounds like an awesome day of Smallmouth fishing especially for March! Great job!:thumbsup:

9. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yes any day you can get out and get a smallmouth or two is awesome! alot better then the largemouth ive been catching at the local pond! keep up the good work

10. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Well the wind slowed down to about 10 -15 MPH, I got the tree off my house so I think I'll head to the Suskie for a few hour's. The river is about 7' higher than it was last week this time, and nice and brown.

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    went out to the Lehigh today.Got cold and 2 small Muskies both under 14".Great day except for the wind!!!!!!!!:mad:

12. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    What part of the lehigh did you hit? the weather has been wierd lately, seems to get cold whenever i have a chance to get out, then it's nice the days i'm working...

13. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Talk about wierd, it was 8* at my house this morning N.E. Pa. First day of spring, anybody seen it yet.

14. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Most times I go between Allentown and Bethlehem>By the Hamilton Street Bridge is a good place.Down towards Easton can be good too.

15. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Went out on Sunday on the Lehigh near Allentown.A frind of mine hooked into something big,using chicken livers.Fought it for about 15 minutes,then tightened up the drag and his ultralight rod snapped. :crying:

16. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    was out on 4/9 got 3 small striped bass.Something was nibbling at my stinkbait also.I would check about every 1/2 hr and my bait was gone :cry-big:

17. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    a few striped bass were caught between me and a buddy.Between
    12 and about 18".Nice day in the sun anyway.Starting to work on my tan....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I fish in the Allentown-Bethlehem area.Soon I will be trying out the Kernsville Dam area near Cabela's.Nice area there!!!!! Only 1 unsolved murder,in the area.Body found in water!!!!!!!!!!:0a36: :0a33: Water looks deep and clean!!!!!!!!!

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I'll be going to Raystown lake next month and just can't wait!

20. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Raystown really nice man. I've been trying to get back out there. Fishing the cliffs last year for stripers, I didn't hook into any but my uncle caught a 30 pounder. They had us fishing with rainbow trout. Cool experience good luck out on the lake.