Muskingum

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BubbaBoyEllis, Aug 12, 2008.

1. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    Is The River Ever Goin To Come Around With The Fish

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well Tyler, the fishing has been slower than I expected it would be after spawn, but I do know that some good fish are being caught as of late. s-man busted a nice 37. I have another buddy that got one at 40 here lately. Another friend who caught a 37 last weekend, and one more bud, that caught a couple big flats one night.. one in the upper 20's, another in the low 30's. So they are being caught, and this cooler weather should help some with the water temps. I think we need a good rain to get things going though. Water has been fairly low and the clarity pretty clear, a good rain will get these fish to move around more than they have been. I'm planning on hitting it this weekend somewhere. One thing about it, they gotta eat sometime:wink: goodluck. rollo

3. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    I agree with Rollo, we got a good rain 2 weeks ago and we caught 10 flathead out of the Muskingum and 2 big ones 41 lb and 29 lb. Cut shad seems to work well when river is rising and moving. Only caught 2 little ones on live. You can see we are in our rain gear.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    thanx fellas

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    The rain has come along with some cooler weather! I bet this will give the flaties a good reason to start moving around some. The river has been fairly slow this summer for sure.