Muskingum Trip this weekend???

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well, I was all set to spend the afternoon and night over near Philo on the Muskingum this weekend but with evening lows near freezing and highs near 45, Im not so sure i want to invest the time, effort and money to go do that. What do you all think, should I go anyways since its the only time I can go, the plan was to fish strictly for flatties......but freezing my booty off really isnt sounding too much like fun and Im pretty sure my buddy is gonna bag out on me.

Would you or wouldnt you go with the weather conditions?

Water is right at 59-60 so a few nights below freezing and cold rain with it will certainly bring water temps down 7-10 degrees for a few days and I really think that will shut em down. But what do i know, I only got 1 flattie so far this year....:sad2:

Salmonid

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I went out a couple nights ago and got a 7lb flat and a 6lb channel. Didn't spend alot of time out on the river either. They seem to be biting now but hard to say what this weekend will bring. Dress warm and come on down to the muskingum. :big_smile:

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Mark, I may head to the Muskingum also. I only live about an hour away so it won't be too big of a deal if I get skunked. I also have a pond near by to get some Bluegills. Only will cost me about three bucks for some worms to catch them with. Also any I don't use I can throw back so there's no waste. Are you taking your boat? The Flatheads may be in deeper holes now. I plan on fishing in the early morning just before dawn. Some warm clothes and lots of hot coffee should make it a little more comfy. But my attitude may change when I get up Sunday morning and it's F R E E Z I N G ! ! ! . Then I may just crawl back in bed with the wife. Good Luck!!

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    So did anyone go out this weekend? Catch anything.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No, thats why I want to go THIS weekend in the crappy weather...:crazy:

Salmonid

6. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    How's it going Mark. Me and my brother were going to camp out at Piedmont this weekend and fish for a new state record flathead. :eek:oooh: But, with the cold weather moving in, we're going to put that off. I really doubt if the flatheads will feed at all.

Instead, we thought about going to Kentucky or Illinois to try to get in on some big blues. I'm searching all over the net trying to find a large lake/resevoir with big blues within 5 hours of Dayton. Is there anyplace on the net that has detailed maps of lakes in Kentucky? Everyone wants $20 for a map of a lake I'll fish one time. :crazy:

We'll probably end up staying home.

7. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am going to be fishing some big river this weekend. i plan to just build a fire and roast marshmellows if we go. u should do the same thing