Muskingum River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by BobbyLee, Jul 11, 2008.

1. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Anyone got any reports or doing any good on the Muskingum River in Zanesville? Girlfriend and I were out Monday night, 2 small channels and 2 softshell turtles. Gonna leave in a few hours to setup somewhere. Anyone want to recommend a spot for tonight??? :cool2:

2. Gary B

Gary B New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Bobby, You are doing better than most. I have caught one decent channel this year.I missed the spring bite and it has been slow the last few weeks. Maybe you can tell us where to fish?

Gary

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they are picking back up now. the bite has been slow due to the spawn, but alot of the fish are coming off of it, and settling into their mid summer spots, and feeding again. goodluck, rollo

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Does anyone do any good above the bridge below Ellis on the 666 side? It looks shallow, snaggy and a lot of current. Is there any water there at normal flow?

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished it shawn... esp. up around the 666 slip. it is shallower on that side, but sometimes produces a fish or two:wink: rollo

6. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    If your not scared to get up in the white water, we have pulled alot of good channels and a couple real nice flats from that side of the river...Just line your boat up with the last cement barrier and get as close as your n*t sack will let ya.....Pretty erie feeling when the sun goes down

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I am talking about closer to the bridge. I love white water fishing, but there are a ton of snage including 3 anchors that I know of.... :angry:

8. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    alright...I know where your at now...It does get shallow at normal pool in that section but a man with " Jet" fuel running through his veins should have no problems.....I know its expensive to run a prop through there..........