Muskingum River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 29, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got to check out the river the other day, have to say it was looking good. i don't know after all this rain, whats gonna happen:crazy: but..have to say boys, its not gonna be much longer! We just need a halfway stabile weather pattern, besides the one we had with frigid temperatures!!! anyways, i will try to get a temp. reading here shortly for those that wanna know how cold it still is!! lol..:big_smile: rollo

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hopefully that things gets fishable for ya soon bud, I know you are having serious withdrawels!:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hear ya man! just seems like it never works out! im home during the week with my daughter, while the wife works. when it has been fit during the week, im unable to get out, then comes the weekend and it has been too cold to be on the water, or we get a bunch of rain a day or two before, and the river is crap!:smile2: i can't catch a break here!! lol rollo

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Put that pack and play in the boat and take her with you! I've got a heater too. There is no excuse for it.

Don't tell your wife I said that :smile2:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't tempt me!!!!:wink::roll_eyes: j/k...before children services calls!! lol..rollo

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I guess I'll have to go with you. The Division of water craft frowns on three kids in a boat without adult supervision. lol:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Great, Zanesville TV will report, 3 children and Santa Claus were spotted today on the Muskingum river.....

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we are actually gonna make tv shawn!!! I have been waiting for a lifetime chance !!!!! I didn't know Z-ville filmed such sports!!!??? Sorry, im not the smartest!!! we gonna make it big time?? who cares about santa now!!!! he usually goes dormant during the warmer months? lmao! :smile2::smile2::wink: rollo

9. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    what kind of water depth is there on the musk river?
    is there water ski ers, ski dos also on the river when temps are warmer??
    never fished there before so i thought i would ask about it.
    elwood

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well rodger, it all depends on which pool you fish. the coshocton to dresden pool, is the most dangerous of them all. It is the shallowest water, lots of log and rock. most people that fish it run jet motors like myself and loanwizard. from ellis dam to zanesville its still kinda shaky at times, but there is enough water to run props all year, below zanesville to philo, decent water, i see... sea dos and a few skiers that way. and pretty much from below that towards devola and marrieta, you have good water. there are some shallow sand bars etc. in nearly every pool, but i feel the farther you go south the better the water on an average, and the river currents get slower that way due to deeper water...hope this helps some....rollo

11. Johner

Johner New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Elwood:
    I have a place on the river about 2 miles north of Stockport on the west side of the river and in that area, I would say, averages about 15-18 ft the further from the dam the shallower it gets. The ski-eggbeater traffic is lite during the summer, although their there. We catch mostly shovelheads last summer low weight was 12 lbs high was 35 lbs. Best place to launch for this pool is below McConnelsville or you can launch at Stockport and lock through into this pool or fish the next pool down (Stockport to Luke Chute).
    John (Johner)

12. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Luke Chute still have that whirlpool area acroos form the ramp where the walleye stack in the spring?

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you know a good saugeye spot shawn? lets go invade someone elses turf for a change:smile2: :tounge_out: rollo

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I don't know if the walleye are still there but the Eddy is. I put in there once last year. Big Eddy lol.

15. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I fished this place with jig and did ok, but some guys w/ splitshot and minnows literally filled the bottom of their boat. I guess they didn't care about creel limits. :angry:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey shawn, you remember a possible wintering spot we talked about earlier in the fall for flats? its one in your area? you tried it, and i was telling you about the saugeyes that are in there? that would be a hot spot right now to be in! i may try to hit it if im able to get a boat to it. the ramp up your way has been crappy this winter...rollo

17. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    The boat ramp up here always stinks unless I call the Mayor....

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    checked the river stage this morning, it is on a hard rise of course from all the rain, at 7am. out of zanesville it was 14.63 ft. not expected to crest until tom. afternoon around 19ft. something. The only benefit would be, the spring like rain surely will raise water temps. drammatically, until we get the nights in the teens again.:eek:oooh: im going this weekend regardless somewhere!! can't take it anymore!!!!!!! rollo

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    got to get out this morning for a few hours. plan was to drop the boat in, and target some slack water areas. However, after checking the hydro. prediction site, I quickly learned that they are dumping water out of the northern dams, and river stage has jumped 2.5 ft. I decided it wasn't the best idea to go by myself out there in them conditions. So I left to go hit some flooded streams and fields. My favorite area I couldn't even get to. The river had the road completely flooded. So I hit a few other spots that look decent with cut crappie for bait. End result 6 channels, with one being around 4 pounds. the rest were small. had a few other hits, but no takers! The wind quickly picked up, and the bite slowed. It was nice to get out finally though, been having withdrawls!!!!! rollo

20. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Glad you made it out man. Congrats on the fish.