Muskingum River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by trey5569, May 29, 2007.

1. trey5569

trey5569 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    any one from south east ohio belpre marietta area with info on muskingum river info

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I live at the top of the Muskingum and am familiar with it and the Beverly Pool.

Welcome to the BOC!

3. trey5569

trey5569 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    havent ever really fished it am from parkersburg and always have fished from the bank of the ohio at the mouth of a few creeks and at willow island just got a boat and am starting to expand my horizons dont have a depth finder yet any tips and things to look for on the muskingum would help

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Trey, here are a few tips and three things to look for while fishing the Muskingum. Look for S_man's boat, Catfishrollo's boat and Cats gone wild's boat. Then stay way back and observe them with field glasses. Then do what ever they do. Hope this helps, good luck! lol:eek:oooh::lol::cool2:

5. trey5569

trey5569 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    yeah sounds like a good idea from what ive been reading just a bit farther north than i am though im down at the mouth below devola dam

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't let the old man fool u trey. wisdom comes with age...no jack your not old!!!:big_smile: just aged! sorry! anyways, if you move up this far north just look at the small channel setup there, then we come speeding threw, throw your anchor at us! i'm sure you'll snag , maybe we can drag u somewhere decent!!!:smile2:rollo

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    s-man has a few more good ones on me!! he is an expert! do listen to his posts, they are usually useful. jack...i think he knows more about flats then what he lets us all know. maybe we should sit back together and watch with the glasses. he has caught some nice fish himself!..rollo

8. trey5569

trey5569 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    thanks guys always lookin for tips and tricks

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Trey, I haven't fished down that way yet. Farthest south I've been is Beverly/ Waterford area. But I am gettin closer LOL. If its anything like it is up here this time of year (close to spawn) Look for wood, logs, undercut mud banks, or steep rocky ledges. Don't be afraid to fish a single big log in 2 or 3 ft of water. Flatheads aint very tall LOL, they can squeeze under most anything or at least get a nose under it. They should be moving well now either spawning or looking for a spot to spawn so get out there. If the dam is deep enough to get a boat near it you can find them there a few times a month looking for shad in all that oxygen rich white water.

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "Flatheads ain't very tall" lmao Skip! Funny, but what a great thought. Thinking like that opens up a lot of possible big cat areas. Thanks for sharing your number one secret. Rollo are you paying attention? :cool2:

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post buddy, in a jokeing way you make alot of sense.

12. trey5569

trey5569 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    great tips will give it a try