Muskingum River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by feetdown, May 20, 2007.

1. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fished the "muddy Muskingum today for about 4 hours..

7 runs 4 hook-ups but only 2 fish in the boat ............I wish I could set the hook:angry:. All were on chubs. My best run was on a 4-5" chub...I nailed that 1. Turned out to be an 18" smallmouth. Dont figure, thats the way my years been so far......

Anyone wants to get out let me know Im dying to land a few flatties

2. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fishing below Ellis tomorrow, Ill post the results and water condition later........

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good luck to you on the river tomm.

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Good luck, they should start to really turn on with the stable weather we are going to be having. With the higher temps this week and the rain we got coming Thurs. and Fri. I'm hitting the river on Sat. and possibly Sun. night.

5. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    ELLIS SUCKED TONIGHT...........save your gas money

1 sm. shovelhead
    1 21" saugeye

4-5 hours fish time

NO good runs at all:angry:

6. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Was in Coshocton Last night..Had a pretyy good night...First set-up, First fish in the boat was guestimated around 20-25lbs. 2nd Set-up 6-8lb'er. Moved again 3rd set-up a 10 lb+ fish...4th spot...Now were feeling cocky...I tied on about a 1/2 lg. mouth..wasnt in the water 2mins....BOOm clickclickclick.........loaded up the rod and ended up breaking 36lb. dacron like it was 6lb test....:crazy:....Probably my best fish for the whole year and he breaks me.....The fishing was great last night the weather not so great.. Water was in the 72-73* range.....here are a few of the fish we landed ......

Attached Files:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good pic.s judd. i took my wife and daughter this morning out on the river for a ride/ scouting trip earlier. i have 4 or 5 nice looking spots i may hit tonight. i have been debating which river to fish. think i will hit the muskingum around dresden tonight. plus it may rain...rollo

8. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Rollo, if you had the time I would check out the Walhonding...The fish up on this end seemed to be really turned on..I fished below Ellis earlier in the week and it was truly a night & day difference....Our baits were going off just after a couple minutes of hitting the water....The bait of choice last night were Bluegills, bass...We threw some nice chubs but didnt have a single run off of them. They wanted those 3-5" gills and they wanted them pretty bad....The bass didnt even have time to hide, we had runs on them evrytime we used them in under 2 mins....no exageration

9. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    forgot to mention all our fish came in less than 7' of water

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know what your saying, well see if its the same for here. the areas im gonna try are mostly like your saying. shallow areas 3-6ft, off the main channel which runs 8-10ft. of water, with some timber and rock. the trotliners have been tearing them up. one guy has caught 4 this week around 30pounds. and the wagner boy caught a 48 the other night on a limbline. that is the biggest fish i have seen from the cosh. to dresden area. one other buddy caught 7 the other night. so i think if they are not too sore mouthed i outta do alright.:lol: are you gonna be out? i may venture up that way later tonight if nothing hits in dresden.

11. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Not tonight, going to cook out.....Wish I could go though...Save some for me..............

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    me and game of inches fished out of dresden all night. haven't been to bed yet.lol we launched out of dresden. we caught 4 flats and 3 channels... pretty crapy night for me. biggest fish was an 11pound flat, they were running hard on smallmouth, and big green sunfish, just had trouble with some hook ups. maybe better luck next time. thanks for going jared, im happy to take u anytime! rollo

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    water temps are over 70, how many of u are goiing this weekend? im fishing for sure...rollo

14. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I wish I could, wifes out of town so Im playing Mr. Mom all week.....