Muskingum River?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cashcobra, Jul 24, 2006.

1. cashcobra

cashcobra New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone know of good spots on the Muskingum near Zanesville? I am from Newark and even though I have been fishing 30+ years I have never fished there and thought I might give it a go this weekend.

2. CatManAndy

CatManAndy New Member

State:
    ohio
    never fished there before but i have heard that is a great are for flatheads.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Below the dams are usally good spots. But right now the river is up quite a bit and calling for more rain this week. So it may not be very fishable.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    First off, welcome to the BOC. Always great to have another new Ohio member.

Have a buddy that fishes it all the time. Will talk to him today and see what I can find out for ya.

5. cashcobra

cashcobra New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thank you very much

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like to go to Lock #11 just south of Dresden. I haven't caught much there but have heard of big Flatheads from there. I just keep trying. Nice cheap camping, too.
    Welcome to the BOC. Check out the Gathering section for the Ohio get together next month. And, of course the National Gathering in KY in Sept.

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,

If from a boat, I would try to put in at riverside or Ellis. Actually I would travel 60 south 1/2 hour to Mcconnellsville. If from shore I would get on the east side of the river north of Zanesville or either side south.

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Tim, this time of year you can catch flatty's at Ellis dam if the water aint too high to hold bait down. We had alot of rain a day or so ago and the river is up now but give it a week with no rain and cast out into the white water with a big live bait and 6 ot 10 OZ of lead and the flatty's will be yours. If you go and the water is still high just cast slightly past the lock wall where the fast current meets the slow current. I was there last month with the Maddcatter and we saw a guy catch a 29 or so lb flat on a 10 inch creek chub in that spot when the water was running high.