Muskingum River / Wills Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Netmanjack, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :0a23: Has anyone fished the mouth of Wills creek? From the satellite maps it looks pretty interesting.

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i cant help you there i can tell you i've been fishing the muskingum in this weather with out much luck...lol...i wonder if it is the weather or are the fish scard of my ol'lady to...lol

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Haven't fished it yet but this is a new year, I'm gonna hit it at least once. Been telling myself that for 3 yrs now.

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i fished wills creek closer to salt fork last year and got a few nice fish out of there.....and i got alot of nice fish out of the river here so im sure you would get some nice ones

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Haven't fished it myself but I've seen 40 and 50 pound flatties that were said to have come out of Wills Creek.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I think Shawn (loanwizard) has fished it.

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have not fished the mouth, but the Will's Creek I do fish. Lots of nice fish in that creek. Many 50 lb plus

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That's where the wife and kids are to spread my ashes. Lots of fish to 60lbs plus in that system. The mouth is a long way away though, although I have threatened. When I get my big boat with the big jet, I'll get over there lickety split.

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Please take me with you lol.

10. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

when you guys talk about the mouth where is that ive fish the dam area

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jim, were talking about where WillsCreek meets the Muskingum. I measured it on google earth yesterday and it is 8.59 river miles down stream from Coshocton. No closer ramps unless you know some one that lives on the river, or is there one in Dresden?

12. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    there should be a ramp in dresdon if not there are a few along rt 60 that i know of

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    There is about 7 people got access to it. 3 airboats and 4 jets. I happen to have a new one coming.... Y'all better start being nice to me.... 8.59 miles at 35 mph.... = 16 minutes..... Yup, that's doable... who's ready? Wait, that's 12 minutes downstream, 35 minutes upstream at night.

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Testing Testing

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jim the mouth is like 2 to 3 miles downstream from the dam. Just loaded with downed trees, lots of flat habitat. Either need a jet to get there from Coshocton or Dresden when the water is low, or get out and push thru the shallow spots.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Skip, your estimate is just a wee bit off. I did the google map thing again and the ruler path feature, has it at just over six miles down from the dam. Imagine six whole miles of flathead heaven! I may attack it with a small Jon or canoe, make a two day trip out of it. Find some good spots and fish from the bank. Real Louis and Clark stuff! lol

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Guess it was a shorter trip in the truck lol. Six miles is better than two.

18. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You guys have me itching for the creek really bad. Last year a guy told me about an area not far from the mouth of the creek. He said he had caught several 50 lb fish in the area. Loaded with wood cover and has nice depth. I am not familiar with the water down that way to float it, but can't wait to be able to get on a boat and try it

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Well lets all pile into Shawn's new jet and slay all those flathead critters lol. Although I'm not sure if its possible to turn the boat back around when finished. Looked sorta tight in there, what little I saw. LOL

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey, we can put them big fish on stringers and let them pull us back up stream back wards! lol