Muskingum River water temp?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, Mar 27, 2007.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I checked it yesterday and I got a reading of 52.5 degrees. Today I got 54.3 degrees. Is my temp gauge off? I can't believe its already over 50. Has anyone else taken a reading the last couple of days. I also took a reading on the main lake at Dillon yesterday and the temp was 59.7 but it was taken on the black asphalt road to get down in there so It might be off a couple degrees.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i will try to keep you updated as much as i can...just been too crazy for the boat.. i will say since my last update that was i think 38, its alot warmer from the rain and temps... i have been up to my waist the last 2 days in wadders fishing flooded areas just off of the river and it hasn't felt too bad. try to get one asap skip.

3. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I was at Tappan lake on 3/28/07 and it was 56.7F.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Water temps, The Scioto is close to 52 , Alum creek at Africa is around 53. The Big walnut about 55 and the GMR is 56 . The Mighty Muskinum has to be close to 53>54 today, now thats just a guess. I got a reading on the others, but the Muskinkum is not collecting data.:sad2:

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Thanks guys, I was a tad surprised to see 50 degree temps this early in the year lol.

6. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So, its good enough to go get the flatties now? 55 is the magic number right? Or do you htink maybe the sudden increase in temp could have slowed em down even more?

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If you can brave the flood waters and locate some scattered flatheads they will bite. They should be very hungry after a long cold winter lol.

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I was at Hoover today and the temp was 56 degrees. I was going to go to the Scioto but it was way too high. I have next Friday off so I'm planning on hitting the Muskingum for my first flathead outing of the seasson. But it supposed to cool off next week. By the way, I caught one channel today with a fat belly. Never have fished Hoover for cats so I guess one is'nt bad.

9. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Any news on salt fork? I was thinking of heading there tomorrow for the big flatcats!!

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good luck at salt fork. Can you give us a temp reading while you are there? The weather is supposed to be highs in the 40's for thurs. and fri.

11. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep, im upset about that, means were gonna lose a couple degrees over those 4-5 days. thurs fri sat sun are supposed to be in the 40's and mon tues are showing about 50 :/

12. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Down near Luke chute the muskingum water temp was 57 degrees today.

14. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's for the update. It's going to be too cold for me on Friday so I'm going to spend the day with my son.:smile2: I hope to get out next week.

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After Easter weekend I'm ready to rock and roll baby!:cool2:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw the river is starting to drop here in dresden, maybe in another week or two i can get the boat in... thanks skip.

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I was out Tuesday. It was between 56 and 58 degrees, water up about 3 feet.
    Caught no fish. Had worms, couldn't find fresh bait. I will learn that river. Found a great spot where Wills Creek meet the Musk. Little backwater w/ little current and lots of wood.

18. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Nothing at salt fork the other night. Water was real high. Couldn't get a temp since I have no thermomitor. Had some light runs but no hook ups.

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Its sure gettin close though. Iwas at Ellis for a few hrs tuesday and a guy fishing the lock for crappie and sauger caught a baby flathead lol.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I really doubt if anyone in the state of ohio is interested right now. But, in case you have cabin-fever again and might be wondering, the muskingum water temp. out of dresden was 41.2 degrees today. I took this around 3:00 while snow was blasting me in the face. what an idiot huh?:angry: