Muskingum River Sunday 1/6

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, Jan 4, 2008.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm heading out to the river sunday with Phil. It's been 3 or so week for me. Temp is supposed to be low 50's. I can handel that lol. I have no idea how we will do on the first warm day. Maybe good maybe not. Is any shad running around Dillon spillway? Anybody been out?

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    good luck Skip. Let us know how you do.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i dunno about the shad running? i have a bunch froze up, for that reason.. goodluck boys, rollo

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    good luck ya'll. looks like you'll be getting a head start on the Muskingum Photo contest 08'. I would love to see one of ya'll holding up a nice frosty Muskingum flathead.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck guys!

6. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Skip Where do you go down there.
    If you don't mind I would like to come over and meet some of you just to say hi and meet some of the people I have reading the post from. hal

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Skip, Its about time you sissy's over on the Muskingum got out and fished, From what I have seen in the last month, all you guys do is "talk" about fishing....:smile2::smile2:

Seriously, good luck and Im eager to see how you do.
    Im hoping to get out, but "boss" has been complaining about the high cost of gas this week and to run the boat to the Ohio for SUV and boat is about 60 bucks worth, bottom line is I still have not gotten the go ahead yet....:sad2:

Salmonid

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey,, lol... are you saying sissy or sissys... i have been out fishing, actually i just got back today!! don't act like a diehard mark cause you show us muskingum guys some 3 pound channel cats them netters gave you!! lmao!!!:smile2: j/k...rollo

9. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I am totally pumped for Sunday. Never have fished for cats in Jan.

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hal, look in the local talk, We are planning a breakfast get together in Zanesville this month. Sign up and you can meet all the characters lol.

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Skip I'm not sure if there is any shad in the spillway. I was out there monday and it was cranking to hard to even try. I can tell ya where to get some small 2-3 inch ones if ya want them.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't worry, i keep livebait 12 months in my tank, and i have shad... i will donate to you.?.WHAT? JAN 6th. ... CATFISHROLLO'S....b-day.....!!!! skip has fished his spots.NOW, its time the s-man takes rollo for his b-day gift!!!!!!! lmao!!! rollo:smile2::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

for all of you that keep sending me nice things.... s-man knows his stuff!!! i might be the new guy, but he catches nice fish, and will hook you up!!! leave me alone!!! skips,days off are... lol he will take you!......:smile2: rollo

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, you are right! They are all sissy's except for me and tspergin. I wont go in to why, but it has something to do with manliness, age and hair:crazy::smile2::smile2:.:wink: lol

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck guys! I may head out to the scioto for myh first january flathead!:smile2:

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Why not just stay warm, sitting in front of the PC, buying catfish tackle from your favorite online store! That sounds much better! :confused2: :big_smile:

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck guys, Im headed to Meldahl now to fish and participate in a cleanup of the access there, then tomorrow, will be here working on clearing a fence row....I keep putting it off and now the wife keeps dreaming about escaped horses so I guess Ill have to give up a day that is nice:sad2:

Good luck folks, the fact I cant go tomorrow tells me you will all do well, thats been the case lately

Salmonid

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    We will take you Rollo but, I want to drive your boat LOL. Too bad we won't be near a dam. And yes bring the shad, thawed if possible lol.

18. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Better take along your raingear Skip .... Good Luck ... hope you catch a Big One!!

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I never go fishing without raingear lol. Nothing irritates me more than having to leave early cause I forgot to bring something. Bait, flashlight, raingear, a fricken lighter. Have you ever tried to light a ciggarette by rubbing two stick together LOL. One time I went without sinkers. How long do you think that river trip lasted LOL.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i never forget anything skip. a true flathead fisherman is prepared:eek:oooh: rollo