Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got to go for a little ride and check out the river this afternoon. It isn't looking good for fishing at any time! I took a ride to the Dresden boat ramp and took a few pic.s. At noon today the river level was at 19.04 ft. out of the Zanesville post. Here is a few pic.s to show how bad things are, and maybe we can get a few other photos at different locations from other members in their local vicinity...rollo

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first one is from the main road going to the facility again. The second is me driving across the state route 666 and 208 bridge looking down. The Muskingum is on the left side of the tree line, and the parking lot and ramp is on the right...rollo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Here ya go Rollo. Went and took a couple pics of the river here in Zanesville. Just couldn't seem to find the ramps though. lol. Forgot to grab the camera when I went out so I had to use the phone.

1. Riverside Park Ramp. Not launching there this weekend.
2. Puntum Landing Ramp. Trust me there is a ramp between the lights.
3. Zanesville Dam. No problem taking your boat over now Loanwizard.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Gary, that is the Y- bridge dam downtown Zanesville, I think. Thank's for the pics guys. I need to find some decent water soon so I can really test out this motor I bought. I may try some of the lakes around here this weekend.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
All braavdo and stupidity aside, I drove by Ellis Wednesday and it may have had a 4-5 foot drop at the dam and I made an executive decision NOT to try to ramp it, up or down. Knowing the awesome power of water intimately shows me the lunacy of that type of attempt. I don't know that my boat would have the strength to power through, up or down, that roll where the upper water meets the lower water. I dang sure know that a lifejacket would be next to worthless in the event of a catastrophe... except for search and rescue, er... recovery teams.

That water is raging right now. How high is Saltfork, and what is the temps back in ths shallows, and is there noticable shad kill.

Shallow lakes will be fishable first this year I'd bet.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Those pay ponds are beginning to look better and better .... Garry- :eek:oooh::angry::sad2::tounge_out::wink::roll_eyes::embarassed::crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.