Muskingum River Report 3-14-08

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 14, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I got to go for a little ride and check out the river this afternoon. It isn't looking good for fishing at any time! I took a ride to the Dresden boat ramp and took a few pic.s. At noon today the river level was at 19.04 ft. out of the Zanesville post. Here is a few pic.s to show how bad things are, and maybe we can get a few other photos at different locations from other members in their local vicinity...rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here are a couple from the roadway leading to the parking lot. You can see I could not get even close to going to the area..rollo

Attached Files:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The first one is from the main road going to the facility again. The second is me driving across the state route 666 and 208 bridge looking down. The Muskingum is on the left side of the tree line, and the parking lot and ramp is on the right...rollo

Attached Files:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Another one from the rivers edge, and the second is a direct look at what is usually a large asphalt parking lot and boat ramp! rollo

Attached Files:

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Here ya go Rollo. Went and took a couple pics of the river here in Zanesville. Just couldn't seem to find the ramps though. lol. Forgot to grab the camera when I went out so I had to use the phone.

1. Riverside Park Ramp. Not launching there this weekend.
    2. Puntum Landing Ramp. Trust me there is a ramp between the lights.
    3. Zanesville Dam. No problem taking your boat over now Loanwizard.

Attached Files:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Is that Ellis Jason?

7. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Gary, that is the Y- bridge dam downtown Zanesville, I think. Thank's for the pics guys. I need to find some decent water soon so I can really test out this motor I bought. I may try some of the lakes around here this weekend.

8. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Nope Gary that is the dam in downtown Zanesville. It normally drops about 11 to 12 feet more then it is now.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The results of our latest snow. Up here, the 14" that fell in one day has all melted off in one day also. I would guess you guys down south haven't seen the worse part of it yet.

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    All braavdo and stupidity aside, I drove by Ellis Wednesday and it may have had a 4-5 foot drop at the dam and I made an executive decision NOT to try to ramp it, up or down. Knowing the awesome power of water intimately shows me the lunacy of that type of attempt. I don't know that my boat would have the strength to power through, up or down, that roll where the upper water meets the lower water. I dang sure know that a lifejacket would be next to worthless in the event of a catastrophe... except for search and rescue, er... recovery teams.

That water is raging right now. How high is Saltfork, and what is the temps back in ths shallows, and is there noticable shad kill.

Shallow lakes will be fishable first this year I'd bet.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good news, just checked the river stage, and it went from 19.04 ft. to 19.03 ft!!!!! sorry im not a math major but that is less:smile2::wink: rollo

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Ok it's not the Muskingum but heres a few pics of Dillon from today.

1. Dillon Beach. The stairs to no where.
    2. Dillon Lake. Check out the new structure in the water.
    3. Dillon Ramp SR146. Not gonna be using this today either.

Attached Files:

13. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Those pay ponds are beginning to look better and better .... Garry- :eek:oooh::angry::sad2::tounge_out::wink::roll_eyes::embarassed::crazy:

14. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's for the pics Jason. That pretty much kills my plans for Sun. If Dillion looks that way then all the other lakes are'nt going to be any better.