muskingum river last nite

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Aug 7, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    The Flathead whisperer and i headed out bout 8 o clock to out secret spot so secret the flatties dont even know its there oh well Whisperer missed one on a live 8in chub on a team catfish double action hook like his 8 th missed team cat hook this year i swear one day he will change it up
    I however managed this little guy on a 4 in chub at 10:27 he ran a bit then hung up like a damn gobbler then came back to finish what he started and i was there to deliver!! you should have seen the whisperer he wasnt even about to traverse the pirate plank that leads to the dock so i had to bill dance the damn thing oh well and a freakin drum on cut shad well there's a report for yas

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WTG on the fish. Thx for sharing keep it up. REPS

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glad you atleast caught some fish bud..:wink:

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah im glad i didnt take a skunkin but come on man 1 fish that was a target species oh well had a good time hangin with the whisperer

5. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i see the pics of your bait now where are the catfish.....:wink::smile2:,jk more than what i caught this week (nothing) lol......RAT

6. zac

zac New Member

State:
    peoria area illinois
    :cool2: what up

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    there is alot in what u said?..........RAT

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats Toby on the catch. Next up the big ones!

9. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah im ready for a real rod buster not really that would suck but it comes with the sport

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the fish man! rollo

11. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    No need in changin that hook. Thats the hook we use and our hook up rate this year since switching to them has been great. I must say though, when we did start missin a few fish on them they were not rod slambin bites so we switched to the smaller team catfish double action hook and we found that the reason for the missed fish was because we were into smaller fish. 1-5lbrs. You get a cat with some meat behind her and that hook will find its way home. Atleast it has for us this year. I don't necessarily know if I prefer those over the gamakatsu circle hooks but I definetly do for drifting!!!!! Last year it was nothing but missed fish on the gama's. This year the hook up rate I would say has been atleast 90% and when we get them to the boat they are stuck good. As for anchor fishing................. I guess you could flip a coin on which I would rather use.

12. TheFlatheadWhisperer

TheFlatheadWhisperer New Member

State:
    ohio
    dont worry stang no more team catfish hooks for me. i'll stick with my gammys

13. Wanderlei

Wanderlei New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Toby and George. Small friggin world ain't it. All I've got are leatherbacks my last couple trips down. You guys ever need a third get a hold of me. I've just been by myself recently.