Muskingum river directions

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by BigCat72, Jul 2, 2007.

1. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Was woundering if anyone could give me directions to a good boat ramp at the muskingum from dayton.

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Guess that would all depend on which pool of the river you are intending to fish. The easiest from Dayton would probably be riverside park in Zanesville. From I-70 east take the 7th street exit ramp in Zanesville. When you come to the bottom of the ramp take an immediate left and go up the street beside the subway. Take a left at the light then at the second light on underwood street next to the tumbleweed take a right. Follow that down until you come to a drive thru then make a left. About a mile down you will see a sign for riverside park make a left and your there.

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    There are also public ramps on the Y-bridge to Philo, Rokeby to McConnelsville, McConnelsville to Stockport, Stockport to Lowell, and Lowell to Beverly pools that I know of. And a 5$ per trip pay ramp from the Philo to Rokeby pool. There are also public ramps in Dresden and Coshocton for the upper section. So it depends on where you want to fish. There may be more public ramps down south but I haven't yet been to all the pools. There is also one in Marrietta.

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Check this link out. It shows all the ramps on the Muskingum except the new one at Dresden. You can also order one from the link and the will send it to you for free. Pretty nice map to have. To view it from the link just go down to the second entry and click on the 4.1 megs link.
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/watercraft/watertrails/ohiotrails.shtm

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you don't need directions to the dresden ramp just keep following the traffic accross 70. might have to wait awhile to launch..lol....rollo:smile2:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Since you built it Rollo they have come lol.