Muskingum River Conditions 1-15-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 15, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went out a little while ago to check on a few things. Believe it or not the Muskingum has large ice glacers floating down, that would make it impossible to boat through. I also seen a few areas that the river is pretty much froze clear across. Duh! LOL:roll_eyes: I know thats what yall are thinking now! Anyways, my main purpose was to go out to drill some test holes on some ponds and small lakes for possible ice-fishing this weekend. There was approx. 2 1/2 inches of good ice right now. I personally feel better when it gets around 4. There was around 5-6 inches of snow blanketing all the ponds and lakes which I don't care for. Maybe we will get some better wind in the next couple days to help clear the surface some for better freezing. Snow is a very dry snow. I plan on going Sunday or possibly Monday if any of you guys local are interested in some fishing... rollo

2. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your funny!:wink:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What? LOL... It would be a heck of a way to drift fish wouldn't it off one of those ice chunks?:crazy: :eek:oooh: rollo

4. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was workin outside for a little bit today and my male parts turned into female parts for a good part of the afternoon.:sad2: Needless to say.It was a little cold today

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i know i have to be outside 1/2 hour or more every morning and evening, feeding my in laws cows and taking care of stuff at the farm, my father in law had both knees replaced on dec 1st and is just now walking on a cane, i do beleive it is entirely tooo cold to be fishen, i had frozen mustache and fingers after an hour out tonight, i had to open up and refill all the water tanks which had frozen solid, except for the heated one lol, if you wanna go rollo call me about march lol :wink: