Muskingum river 8-21-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Aug 22, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    went out on the muddy musk with fellow phien 223 and some gills and 1 little greenie managed one to the bank the other 2 werent having any part of it one felt real nice ran me into a snag the second i would guestimate it about 12 lbs. and the third didnt feel that big it also ran me into a snag
    a snag that pulled out minus the fish Get this i reeled in a cork screw dog stake and about 30 ft of rope no collar or dog ???? wierdest thing i have ever caight oh well they were feeding pretty hard last nite

Attached Files:

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's a new one on me for sure! lol Boots and door mats are all I ever caught..........:smile2:

3. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    About the strangest thing that I've caught is an old lawn chair, and it has happened twice! :smile2:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Toby that's a new catch on me. I caught a rod an reel one time but never a dog leash.

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    its good to hear that the flatties are starting to bite.............. about two years ago i was fishing with a buddy of mine and his girl friend and she "landed" a dead squirrel !!! it stunk so bad we nearly threw up.............LOL !!!

6. chasethecat

chasethecat New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio
    one time drift fishing on lake erie for walleye i caught a rod and reel and the catfish that had pulled the rod out of someone else's boat was still hooked up so i caught him too.

7. TheFlatheadWhisperer

TheFlatheadWhisperer New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice catch stang. mabye the flat cats were down there feeding on the dog.lol:smile2:

8. catmandoo22

catmandoo22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    wierdest thing i ever caught was at lakeside at lake erie, of the dock......was fishin for smallmouth with soft-craw and snagged a foot long gar that had a broken bottom jaw bone.at first i thought i had somehow mangled the lil guy but when i got him in i realized the jawbone had mended itself like that and he was doing just fine....i figure thats why he was so close to the dock, feeding on gobies and easy meals....strange:confused2: