Muskingum River 4-28

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, May 1, 2009.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Went down to Marrietta cause the storm system was supposed to go north by nightfall. Got to the ramp a 7pm, steady rain. The weather guy said at 6pm that the "front had stalled" over the Ohio river. Too late to change plans. My brother and I launched anyway, and sat in the rain till close to 1am. He had 3 runs and missed them all at our first spot. I had none.
    Second spot we hit around 2:30, rain had stopped. He missed another,and I was starting to get upset lol. At 4:30 I got a run and caught a 13 pound flat. We fished all live bait, no cut.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey atleast you got one bud, you da man Skip!:wink:

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    congrats man. Wet fish and wet anglers make a great combination.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Every time I've taken guys Flathead fishing this year, someone has caught one. Three of them have caught a PB. This was the first trip I caught one over 10 lbs lol. I gotta start sitting in the front of the boat.

I'm starting to feel like Flathunter, non fish catcher. lol

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catch bro. This weather has been kinda weird in the last month. Hopefully May will bring some more big boys out of the river and the lakes! rollo

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    All the more reason that you're DUE for the Big Moko. And i'd be happy to net him. Then i'm GETING MINE!:smile2:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's alright, Skip!

At least if they were eating, you would have been right on top of them waiting!:cool2:
    It's May 1, we have a whole month of high expectations and anticipation ahead of us.

8. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    congrats on finally boating a decent one skip, you know it will only get better all year

9. cantonjim

cantonjim New Member

State:
    ohio
    i would like to go wet a line with u sometime.i want a big ole flathead.so i will go fishing with u s_man.let me know and we can hook up sometime and catch some big ole flatties

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ur doing better that me bro past 4 times out not even a good run. hopefully i will get my first flat this year here soon.