Muskingum River 3 hard fighting channel catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, Jun 7, 2007.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I went out below Ellis after work sunday night say 2:30am till 9:30am. Channels were hitting any live baits that hit the water till just after sunrise, they were hard charging and trying to eat big flathead baits. I didn't figure it out till sunrise lol, thats why I only caught 3. I did miss one legitimate flathead but the other 5 runs were most likely channels. After The 5 misses I switched to cut bait and started hammering them for about 40 minutes then the bite died off after the sun poked up. LOL. If I'd been using cutbait all night I would have had a stringer ROLLO would be proud of. I'm telling you guys that these 4,5,7 lb channels were pulling drag and fighting like 30lb flatheads. Every time, I thought I had a flat and when I got him up he was a small channel. I still got the bruises from the rod butt on my belly to prove it lol.

2. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Them channels can be suprising sometimes.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :waaaht:
    You can, & will, get into some nice Channels around this time of the year.
    Just look at it this way: "You'll be ready for them the next time"! :canny::wink:
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    skip im still proud that you tried! lol i do like them multiple fish nights though.:lol:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like some great fishing, thanks for sharing. Sounds like a nice spot, never fished there.