Muskingum River 3-30-08 It's about ready..lol

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 30, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's some pictures this evening out of the Dresden area.. Looks like the first of next year outta be good! :smile2: rollo

Here's some flooded fields I fish when the river is high

Attached Files:

2. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Congrats on getting out today man...with the sore throat and all....

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    a couple more from the flood zone, and myself and the dog (unpictured) lol.... to add to the destruction! pictures taken by the wife:smile2:.. rollo

Attached Files:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it was nice to get out this evening for some ice cream and for a ride with the wife, daughter, and dog... hopefully we will all get feeling well soon, and the water will drop some for some fishing!!! rollo

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sure does look like it will be awhile before we get the chance to get out. Just think with all the rain in the forecast it's only gonna get deeper. lol.

6. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Took some pics of the Muskingum at Riverside and Ellis. The water level on the lock wall goes up to 24 ft., the river is at 22 ft. Not going to post any pics, it all looks the same:confused2:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heck, put em up phil...some others might wanna see them....rollo:big_smile:

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I'll work on it. The good news is the temps are supposed to be in the 50s and 60s the next 10 days, however they are predicting rain six out of the 10 days. That forecast was for Zanesville.

9. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Here are three of Riverside.

Attached Files:

10. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Two of Ellis Dam.

Attached Files:

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like its about that time of year again to start fishing

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    We need to find a way to save some of that water for this summer. I have a feeling we are gonna end up with a nice dry repeat of last summer.

13. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    for my kayak:tounge_out:

I think you guys need to start letting some water out of there, otherwise I won't be able to get on the river to try it until next year:eek:oooh:

14. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    well....fellas,its been awhile sense i been on here but i hate to be the person to give ya'll the bad news but wills creek around cambridge is still way up...so if i was ya'll i would start thinking about some local lakes for alittle while,,,to be honest i'm glad i moved away from the muskingum,but i cant wait to hit it for some action this summer

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they better do something....forecast saying 1 to 2 inches thursday thru friday morning!!:angry: rollo

16. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Depending on the rain, I may try to hit the Scioto on Sunday. It seems to drop quicker than the Muskingum. Also saw that the recent rains brought the Muskingum up a bit at Zanesville according to the USGS site.

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    seems the scioto and the gmr drop faster, probably because of the dams on the muskingum...and from what i have seen the water temps. are warmer usually than the muskingum.... too bad i don't live closer to them warm low water areas, don't get too far out in front this year jack!:wink: rollo

18. Mr. Whisker77

Mr. Whisker77 New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    where u guys fish the scioto at?

19. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I like to fish the stretch above Circleville. There is a boat ramp off rt. 22 and a private ramp south of Circleville. I do not know how to get access to the private ramp. I have only caught channels in the area because I have not targeted flatheads but there is some good water and structure so I would like try sometime. I mainly fish the Muskingum for flatheads.

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The scioto does not really drop that fast, theere is several dams up north on lakes that hold all that water back, as soon as it starts to drop a little, they let the water out and back up it comes.