Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
well....fellas,its been awhile sense i been on here but i hate to be the person to give ya'll the bad news but wills creek around cambridge is still way up...so if i was ya'll i would start thinking about some local lakes for alittle while,,,to be honest i'm glad i moved away from the muskingum,but i cant wait to hit it for some action this summer

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depending on the rain, I may try to hit the Scioto on Sunday. It seems to drop quicker than the Muskingum. Also saw that the recent rains brought the Muskingum up a bit at Zanesville according to the USGS site.
seems the scioto and the gmr drop faster, probably because of the dams on the muskingum...and from what i have seen the water temps. are warmer usually than the muskingum.... too bad i don't live closer to them warm low water areas, don't get too far out in front this year jack!:wink: rollo

·
Registered
452 Posts
where u guys fish the scioto at?
I like to fish the stretch above Circleville. There is a boat ramp off rt. 22 and a private ramp south of Circleville. I do not know how to get access to the private ramp. I have only caught channels in the area because I have not targeted flatheads but there is some good water and structure so I would like try sometime. I mainly fish the Muskingum for flatheads.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
The scioto does not really drop that fast, theere is several dams up north on lakes that hold all that water back, as soon as it starts to drop a little, they let the water out and back up it comes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.