Muskingum River 2008 Photo Thread

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Dec 10, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ok, Boys and Girls, everyone seemed to like the photo thread for the muskingum river this year, so lets try it again for next..But, lets up the anny alittle bit.. yes, this is solely for fun and braggin rights only. so for this year lets keep a braggin board going.. i will try to keep this updated. it will have a running leader list with the person and their weight for big fish, and maybe a second board for total weight for the year.. to enter this is gonna simply consist of your picture of your fish and date caught.. weight rounded to the nearest pound, and length of your fish, time the fish hit, and bait it was caught on. remember this is only for fun and bragging rights, and to make for some really nice pictures next year!! lets keep this honest, no other rivers but muskingum fish only. i would like to make a sheet and the end of next year with the weights and fish taken throughout the year.. i will gladly send to anyone interested... and don't bring out archive pictures either or i will be forced to bring mine out!! ouch!!! lol...no trotlines just rod and reel...And yes, loanwizard and jack, creeks and streams that connect to the river count as well... so lets have fun and get things going on here!! goodluck to everyone that wants to participate....and if you have any other ideas let me know...i want to keep this fairly simple though... goodfishing in 08'...rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lets get a list going of members that are willing to participate in this thread.. just to get an idea who fishes the muskingum river.. everyone is invited to enter. the thread takes place Jan.1st. obviously ..thanks ,rollo
    1. catfishrollo

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I think it is a great idea! If I might add a couple of things, I think it would be educational to make it almost like a journal entry to include time of day/night caught, water temp, depth, size bait (live or cut), weather, and closest ramp (ie Coshocton, Dresden, Ellis, Riverside)

To be clear on creeks and tributaries, the only ones I know of are Wills Creek below the WC Dam, Olive Green below Luke Chute, Wolf Creek below Beverly, the creek by Skips private ramp below Philo, and that long a$$ nam creek near Dresden ramp. It does not include the Tuscarawas (river) or the Walhonding (river).

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    1. catfishrollo
    2. loanwizard

C'mon Jack, Tony, Phil, Jerry, Randy, Skip, Jason, etc....

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Bummer I wish I could fish that and contribute. If I made that trip every weekend I would be divorced fast....:eek:oooh:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    rivers aren't included like shawn said.. small tributary streams and creeks are fine due to that they aren't big enough probably to hold big fish year round, and the fish probably are migrating to them. water temps. is fine if you can present them. not all have the temps. and bankfishermen esp. i definetely want a good picture, length, weight, date caught, time is fine, and yes we will add pool or nearest ramp to launch from to give a better idea of the section of river fished.. that will help give a better idea on the sections of the muskingum and make for a better spread sheet.. thanks for participating shawn i will add you to the list...rollo

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds good .you can count me in!

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    1. catfishrollo
    2. loanwizard
    3. luckywade

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Well count me in on this. I sure hope the fishin is better on the muskingum next year for me then it was this year. Don't know that I would go into too much detail on the location though. Gotta keep in mind that there are lurkers out there that just love it when you tell them where, when, and how you caught them. Sure sounds like an interesting idea though. So who's heading out new years day to be the first on the list?

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gotcha in jason. i will wait to make the final guidelines, and will base it on a majority vote on the categories if that sounds fair? i want this to be fun, and don't want to complicate it more than it should be. thanks for joining and your opinion...rollo

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    1. catfishrollo
    2. loanwizard
    3. luckywade
    4. jason454

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    All right Jason, sign this boy up! I see that you all ready have enough girls lol:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Man i wish i could just come fish that river. it a long ride from here .

14. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Well we will be having a gathering up here next year again. It would be a great time for you to come up and fish it with the rest of us. Guarantee ya will have a blast. We don't bite either.... well you might wanna keep an eye on Jack though.

15. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Count me in. Don't know how much I''ll be able to get out this Spring. The wife is due sometime in May. Figure I won't be fishin every weekend this year.

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    1. catfishrollo
    2. loanwizard
    3. luckey wade
    4. jason454
    5. netmanjack
    6. cats gone wild

17. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    count me in,bluegills and suckers are ok right lol

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i gotcha tony...lol.. what we will do is run this thread until close to the first of the year and i will start a second one that is for the posting and pics. so we don't have 300 posts to look through... any other brothers out there that fish the muskingum? or sisters? join up!!! rollo

19. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    sign me up rollo, its only a 50 or 60 mile drive and i can go bout any weekend you have it thanks, and hope to see yall in the spring

20. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That would be cool. When is the next gathering up there