Muskingum River 12-27-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by BobbyLee, Dec 27, 2009.

1. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Well thinking about getting out tomorrow for one more trip before the new year if I can get my crippled butt out of the house for a few hours and make it the few blocks to the river. Have to walk as our vehicle is still down. But i think I just might make it. Our canal lock usually has shad trapped in it this time of year, and just might be able to net a few. And at the end of the lock is a nice eddie and a deep hole on the other side of it. Sure would be nice to catch a couple channels before the year ends. I've only hit the water 3 times since my neck surgery. Been a lil' fearful on the banks by myself since then. But hearing some of you are still catching a few. Thought I'd try my luck one more time. Sure would be nice to catch 2 or 3. Hopefully I'll have something good to report back. If there is shad trapped in there like there was last year. Will have to get some baggies and freeze some for for spring. Last year they were in there by the hundreds floating dead from winter kill. Had to plug your nose just to walk past the canal lock. Well wish me luck and a careful trip...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. GMRcatman

GMRcatman Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck, be careful, and I look forward to your report! Stay warm also....

3. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio

Dude you live a couple blocks from one of the best flathead rivers in ohio ,,I'm coming to your house this spring and camping in your back yard for a week ,,,LOL ,,

wish ya luck if head down there ,,and ,,be carefull.

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    What part of the Muskingum do you live on? Good luck getting out.

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I live smack dab on the border of the Zanesville and Ellis Pools. And where the Licking River enters the Muskingum River. Just a couple blocks from the Y-Bridge area...

6. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Randy, you are more than welcome to come down any time and wet a line. Don't have a back yard but have a couch and a queen size air bed I can air up for you...

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Well unfortunately I didn't make it out today as planned. But still hoping to go this week. Really wanted to go today to. Such a bummer...

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I didn't go cattin, but caught some big gills today. Wind was tough though, and the fish were hard to locate. Most were a foot or two off bottom. rollo

9. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio

Appreciate it Bobby ,, I here that's a good river to fish.
    Offer goes back to ya brother ,,your welcome in my back yard anytime,,

( or spare bedroom ) lol,

10. CatFishGuyMac

CatFishGuyMac New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good luck, Hope to hear good results! Happy new year!!

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    good luck bobby and be careful not to slip and fall you dont need no more injuries