Muskingum River 1-03-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cats gone wild, Jan 4, 2009.

1. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I made it out to the Muskingum on Saturday to do a little fish and alot of scouting. The river was still up, about 2 ft. and muddy. The temp was 39.5. My main goal was to find a wintering hole and I believe I found one. I was marking multiple masses of fish that were 1 to 2 ft. off the bottom, the max depth was 24 ft. I fished this spot and another, which I was marking fish in also, but got no bites. I also found a new hole that I will try in the spring. I think one reason why I did'nt get any bites was because of the crappy shad I had. I bought it from a baitshop and it looked like it had been frozen and refrozen. I did'nt go away empty handed, in the second spot I snagged a decent hook style river anchor. Gonna take it back to the shop and clean it up. Here is a pic of the wintering hole spot and the anchor. Be safe everyone....

Attached Files:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We came up empty handed today also, glad you atleast got out it was a nice day for it..:wink:

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Looks like a nice spot Phil. Glad you got a chance to get on the water. Nice find on the anchor. Any day on the water is a good day...

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can I have my anchor back Phil?:cool2::smile2: rollo

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I heard you lost yours at Ellis.:roll_eyes:

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice lookin spot there.finders keepers on the anchor?lol

7. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    No wonder you guys catch so many fish up that way !! Awesome lookin river !! Glad you found ya some new spots....Randy

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    That's right. I was thinkin just last week how I wanted an anchor like that. The clip that was on the end of the rope was snapped so I think who ever lost it took off and forgot to pull it up so it broke off the boat.

9. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I did that once in a shallow cove on Kentucky Lake(I know...dumbass). But I took off and the anchor come loudly wizzing though the air, I turn around and seen it barely miss my buddies wife's head, then land in the boat. Talk about lucky! A few inches an she probably wouldnt be here and I be sitting in jail right now.

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Dude! You took my spot and stole my anchor? Don't tell the rest of them that you was up in Dresden. That'll just burn my hide.

11. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Where else would I be? Everyone knows that there are no catfish in the Muskingum except in Dresden:wink:

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I have lost more than my share of anchors in the Muskingum, but they didn't look like that one. Good find you got there Phil. Kinda makes up for that cast net that went awol on ya.

13. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Forgot all about the cast net:roll_eyes:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you got that right everytime I go towards Zanesville and Philo to Beverley I catch nuttin but carp!:smile2::roll_eyes: rollo

15. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Theres no fish in Dresden, just tuttles.I wouldnt watse my time.