Muskingum Last Night

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by feetdown, Jul 27, 2006.

1. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fished the Muskingum last night, Rivers in pretty good shape right now. The channels were on fire. Fished our "secret" Flatty spots with 1 really strong run, just when he was about to have the steel put to him he decided that was enough and moved on........Had a ball on those channels though. Went thru 2 tubs of liver in about 1 1/2 hours...Next time the flattys will pay.......

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks for the post I hope you do put a hurtin on the flattied next time.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Congrats on the channels Judd!! Hopefully you get into those flatties the next time. I just hope the river stays down but from looking at the forecast it ain't looking good.

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Which stretch of the river were you fishing? from bank or boat?

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sound like you had fun. I haven't made it down there yet this year. We usually fish and camp at Lock #11. With the river up all the time, And this rain, I don't want to come and get soaked.

6. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ellis dam area from a boat..

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the catches brother, I am hoping to find a fish or two somewhere this year in Ohio. LMAO

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Yeah there is some really nice water bellow ellis....very peacefull and quiet unlike around the Y-bridge area

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Judd, what stretch do you fish most? I fish from Ellis down to McConnelsville. My top producer this year was between Ellis and the Y-bridge. 41 and 37 being the largest flats so far.

10. Katphish

Katphish New Member

State:
    tennessee
    way to go man, sounds like a good time

11. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I fish alot below ellis above riverside park. If im not there Im lower on the Muskingum. Usualy down around D&D marina in the Jonathan creek area...I have fished above the Ellis dam pool a couple times this year with no luck...If this water would level out for more than a couple days all these spots would be producing.............

12. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi

I feel your pain there. Only seem to get a couple days to fish it then it is back up again.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats Judd, sounds like you all had a good time!

14. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Man I fish the Muskingum river too, but I fish near Tyndal, or by the AK steel plant right outside of Coshocton City.

15. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I know where your at...Never fished down that way but have knocked down a few ducks in my days on that section.......