Muskingum double

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Ben Noll, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Twice upon a time in the Muskingum River the same guy(me)had on two flatheads at the same time.The first time was a while back while fishing with the S-man .I handed him one pole as I was fighting the other one.This time our results were a little better.Darrell from the bait shop and I had just got set up about 8.I had a 10 inch carp and a gold fish on.At 8:15 I had a hard run on the carp.Thought all was well when I swung at him but I missed.Reeled in,carp still kicking but all skinned up so I cast him back out.The line no more than hit bottom when the rod with the gold fish took off.I set the hook on a good fish and was bringing it toward the boat when the carp rod decided to go.I grabed the other rod,let her load up and swung at him.Bingo-another good fish.I had a rod in each hand-felt like I was driving a team of horses.I gave Darrell one rod and we were having some fun now.Hell of it was Darrell never had time to get his rods clear,so he just tried to maintain that fish till I got the first one to the boat.He grabbed him buy the lower lip and dragged him in the boat.Handed me back the other rod and got his out of the way.He pulled # 2 in the boat when I got him close.Darrell was more pooped than I was.The fish weighed 21-11 and 28-4.Hell of a start,after only 15-20 minutes with three runs with two in the boat.I put on a bullhead and had three bites(not really runs,but something was pissing with them).Darrell had the same thing happen on a 10 inch sucker.He did have a good run at 11:15 but he broke off in the rocks,it was also a good fish.We hung it up in the moonlight at midnight.All in all pretty good night.Good fishing and be safe.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Congrats on a successful trip!

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey congratulations on a very interesting fishing adventure. Glad to hear it was very enjoyable!

4. robjmiller

robjmiller New Member

State:
    Irondale ohio
    congrats on a good fishing trip

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    thanks for RUBBING IT IN there sparky:smile2::smile2::wink: just kidding,that almost hapend to me 1 time, lost the 2 nt fish 5 feet into the fight, did get the 1 one.hope u get many more :wink:

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    must have been like a chinese fire drill. congrats on the double.

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    sounds like they are waking up finally, congrats on the catches

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish guys

9. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member