Muskingum dissapointment

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by stangcrazy85, May 31, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    5 hrs of fishing and this is it man i am almost willing to throw the flag doubt i will but im close to breaking

Attached Files:

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    better than i did over there last nite iwas up at eaglesport and then down to malta where were you fishin at

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    below malta past the boat launch my good friend's son put a 19 lber on the bank last nite man im doin something wrong

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You never got skunked tho :). I was away an never got to go out this weekend kinda missed not going.

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i probaly seen you over there i went down past the dam i was gonna fish there but it was full people camping there i seen somebody over below the ramp i fish from about 7:00 to 4:30 am

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    there was a large group of us had lights strung up from the trees 4 or 5 cars we were on the opposite side of 60

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    large groups equals large noise,and also those lights dont help with the fish.i have always found it to be better with only one or two people with me and not noisy and no light at all.

a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while,keep trying,you will get your acorn eventually :wink:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

That could be your problem, to many people, to much light, to much noise..I would try fishing alone, I bet you catch more!

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't get too upset. We all have bad nights. Sometimes its the bait, other times it is the conditions............................ It will all come together soon

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Think of this.

I actually like to think of flathead hunting as actually that, you are hunting for the biggest predetor in our waters.

You would not think of going deer hunting, and striniging lites in trees, and having a bunch or people talking while you were hunting for that trophy buck,

Next time you go flathead fishing, act like you would while on a deer stand, no people, no lights, and no noise.

I have confidence you can catch a big flathead

11. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I avoid fishing those "public holes" and I don't fish during weekends. I'd rather catch a fish than go to a party.

12. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    first off thanks for all the help guys i need guidment we were mainly there to celebrate the life of a good friend that had just passed due to a car wreck and i didnt have plans on fishing but i got talked into taking my gear along never really thought of all the comotion as a problem i was mainly away from the whole crowd but i bet that was it
    Thanks to all
    Toby

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    well,sometimes we just need to get out,doesn't always mean that we need to get a fish or a good size one every time on the water.

i have seen fish quit running becuase people have ran to their poles with their clod hoppin boots on before.well,it seemed that way cause the fish spit it when they started running for their pole anyway.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

Have you ever shook hands with ryang, garrett cope, or Rollo ? If so that might be your problem lol. You gotta get that small cat smell off your hands.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now that is funny!

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have to agree, or you may have been eating hot dogs!:wink: