Muskie Luck

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Angler4life, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've been fishing in Tennessee the past couple days for muskies. It has been really cold, but it's getting warmer. Yesterday, we had three follow-ups right at the boat, but could not hook one. Two of them were in the mid-30 inch range, and one was between 45-48 inches. It was a good one. We're getting ready to head back out for the rest of the day. Has anyone else been catching any or when do you plan on heading out?

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Good luck Drew. Those follows are exciting! The few times I do fish for Muskies anymore are primarily in the fall.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Go get em bro... Make sure you catch one more than your dad does!:smile2: It will be a long ride back to Ohio!:smile2::roll_eyes::wink: Goodluck to you both...rollo

4. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Rollo, I think you jinxed me. Dad caught the only fish today. He caught a 29-incher (I'll display a pic later on). That's small, but it's a muskie. We were pretty pumped. We caught what we set out for, in the worst conditions that we could have. Tomorrow is our last day, so hopefully it will be my turn. Wish me luck.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    AWW.. Im settin you up good bro... He will catch a striper by accident in the morning, then at 2:12pm tomorrow you will catch a 48 1/3 inch Muskie to take the cake! Gotta be confident!!!:roll_eyes::wink: If he calls me tomorrow night before you do, I won't answer!:smile2: And wish ya the best of luck on the way home!!!!:eek:oooh::wink: rollo

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not a call from my boss, or his son......:crazy: someone is sandbaggin!:smile2: rollo

7. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Well Wednesday, after about 8 hours of fishing, we caught nothing. We didn't feel real bad though because no one else around was either. The only fish that we saw caught over the four days was my Dad's muskie and a 15-20 pound striper (which I have attached a picture of). The water seemed too clear and the cold front that had moved through earlier in the week had shut things down. Oh well, at least we accomplished what we set out to do, catch a muskie, and we learned a lot along the way. I have posted a few pictures of the muskie and the striper that a guy caught. Overall, I enjoyed the trip and would like to go back when the water is warmer and the weather is better.

Attached Files:

• p1.jpg
      p1.jpg
      File size:
      17.3 KB
      Views:
    • p2.jpg
      p2.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
    • p3.jpg