Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Has anyone in Michigan caught Flat & Channel Catfish? I'am going up to fish there this Monday tomorrow. :wink: :big_smile:
I drove up to both ponds on Monday just to check out the launch sites and talk to locals. The launch at Croten was very nice, and in a secluded canal off the pond. I hope to try for some cat's next week. I did meet a couple guys at the launch that were just coming in from panfishing, and the discussion turned to Catfish. They both talked about lots of cats in ROGERS POND just south of Big Rapids???? Anyone out there ever fish it?? Sharon, did you do any good on Monday?? DEERJOHN

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sharon, I've got a buddy that fishes rogers pond he says the first bend to the north of the dam there are some boat houses or docks there and with cut suckers they have caught channels in the 20+ range at night. This was confirmed by a guy i worked with whos dad owns one of those places. He's says there is a long deep hole that they catch cats all night long there from their dock. Pretty much all by boat unless you own one of the docks.
I've also fished below croton in the heart of summer using softshell crawdads caught along the bank. Drift fishing below the dam, I have caught some big rainbows and smallies but no cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.