Muskegon River! Croton/Hardy Dam

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by PiscMonkey, Apr 20, 2008.

1. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Has anyone in Michigan caught Flat & Channel Catfish? I'am going up to fish there this Monday tomorrow. :wink: :big_smile:

2. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    Sharon, where did you go and how did you do? I didn't get a chance to go out yesterday but it was such a nice day.

3. DEERJOHN

DEERJOHN New Member

State:
    MICHIGAN
    I drove up to both ponds on Monday just to check out the launch sites and talk to locals. The launch at Croten was very nice, and in a secluded canal off the pond. I hope to try for some cat's next week. I did meet a couple guys at the launch that were just coming in from panfishing, and the discussion turned to Catfish. They both talked about lots of cats in ROGERS POND just south of Big Rapids???? Anyone out there ever fish it?? Sharon, did you do any good on Monday?? DEERJOHN

4. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    IBK I went last year to Austin Lake had no idea that it had kittys in there until a friend I was with caught one. :cool2:

5. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Sharon, I've got a buddy that fishes rogers pond he says the first bend to the north of the dam there are some boat houses or docks there and with cut suckers they have caught channels in the 20+ range at night. This was confirmed by a guy i worked with whos dad owns one of those places. He's says there is a long deep hole that they catch cats all night long there from their dock. Pretty much all by boat unless you own one of the docks.
    I've also fished below croton in the heart of summer using softshell crawdads caught along the bank. Drift fishing below the dam, I have caught some big rainbows and smallies but no cats.

6. Doneinne

Doneinne New Member

State:
    Fremont, Nebras
    My brother has fished Rodgers Pond and done pretty good. Anyone been fishing up there this year?