MUSIC TALK!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    New music I heard tonight. Some awesome musicians!
    Rilo Kiley-------70's type blues band. My Mom even liked them. There is a red headed lady that plays the harmonica and keyboard, backed up with 4 guys. Usually you see a trio of women backing a man, but this is just the opposite. The men do songs too and the whole band seems to be evolving from LA, CA. I'm gonna check them out on the web. Interesting mixture of blues. :thumbsup:

Heavy Trash-------Singing Dark Hair'd Rider :0a33:
    Gary Allen's new one ---------Best I Ever Had :love-big:

Eric Heatherly-------Flowers on the Wall (remake) He does a great job on this song. Sounds great and is a talented man. :0a18:

Joe Nickols----------new one "Tequila Makes Her Take Her Clothes Off" Nothing left to say on that one. I wouldn't know. :p

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Oops heard another one:

Terri Clark----I Think the World Needs a Drink. Great video and lyrics.

3. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gary Allen best I ever had I think is the best song ever at least for know, till I listen to it to many times and don't like it ;)

I also think Big & Rich's coming to your city is real good I know I'm goona get some hate for that.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    PIN CUSSION! Antena album. ZZTOP! Here I go again ravein about the best band on the planet! LOL!

5. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    That Gary Allen song...Best I Ever Had...is a great song. It's probably my favorite for now...even though it tears me up and makes me think of the one that got away many many years ago.

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    There are a lot of great songs out there, one of my personal favorites is

Brad Paisley--------"I'm Going to Miss Her(the fishing song)"

-brian

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I know what you mean by hearing it so much you get to not like it.

I love Big and Rich! Deadwood Mountain and Holy Water are my favorites.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

ZZTOP is one of the best bands on the planet! Let me help you rave.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I know exactly what you mean. Losing your soulmate is not an easy thing to live with. Takes a lot of strength to go on.

I can't help but wonder if he wrote this about his wife he lost last year.

Hope you continue to heal from the hurt.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Yes that's a great song. I loved it when it came out and hadn't thought of it in a while. I've been watching VH1 Country videos and hearing a lot of NEW songs that are out. The videos are awesome for some of them.

Heard a young girl singing Joelene. Can't remember her name but the video is awesome and she sings like an angel.

I also like Nickel Creek's new video "When In Rome". Sad but catchy.

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like todays country and classic rock.. Hank, Toby and so many more.
    Country boy will survive
    Aint as good as I once was
    Dont take the girl
    Can't think of the title but its goes, pain hurts only for a little while. Chicks dig it. LOL.
    Country boys and girls getting down on the farm.
    ZZ top, seen em a couple times and a whole lot more.
    The vanzant boys.
    Some led,
    I like most all 60, 70 80, rock.

BG, I am imaging you jamming on ZZ top. Not making fun but its killing me. You just don't seem the kind to let your hair down. Unless its facial hair. LOL. Kidding. Hey are you in the band. :cool:
    ZZ top band is an all time best. 3 bad dudes sure can make it right and they are from Texas, where else. Got a lot of nice girls. list goes on. LOL.

I like so many that the best thing for me to do is post on the song I hear at the time and mood I'm in. I go back and forth from country to classic rock and all en between. lol.
    Right now I'm in the mood of, 'Are you ready for some football" a Sunday afternoon party, me an all my rowdy friends are watching games today. LOL.

Looky there I got a bite. LOL. :D

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Dano,Dano,Dano. You have no idea brother. LOL!

13. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i listen to almost everything lol im not too fond of country,some rap(nelly type stuff),jazz, havent heard much bluegrass but i give em credit i cant play that fast! lol i mainly listen to heavy metal,industrial,psychodelic rap(heavy metal infused),classic rock,horrorcore rap(insane clown posse and etc..) even mainstream rock and with all the music types out there i cover a large spectrum of it lol

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Cheryl...yea she got away right out of highschool...18 years ago. The hurt dissapated a long long time ago. I moved on and I've been married to my wife 14 years and we have 5 kids...1 boy who's 16 soon...and 4 girls...12...10...8...and 5. I have a whole new meaning of hurt goin' on now...Lol. I'm so married now that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street. :eek: :D

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    lmao catcaller i have a daughter who is 5 too lol i have been trying to teach her how to play the guitar lol and im going to be bald before im through lol when i start playing the guitar she always grabs a pick and starts playing lol kinda hard to play like that but she has a little guitar i bought for her a while back to "beat up on" lol the greatest thing about her is the connection we have, not many people can say they share a birthday with their son or daughter lol but i can and it is the best thing in the world! of course now i dont have birthdays but oh well lmao im old enough so i can stop counting now lmao she is constantly in here with me when i play guitar and she makes up her own songs lol they are off the top of her head but they are cute lol

16. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Another sad but good song out is Sarah Beth.

Holy Water is a real good song. Another good one out is if you don't wana love me by Cowboy Troy

17. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i have been listening to a band called " days of the new" lately it is an acoustic driven band but it has some electric solos and guitar parts but for the most part these guys know how to rock an acoustic guitar! some of their first cd borders on a country type sound but the second cd has a little more "driven sound" and one techno-type song called "enemy" their 3rd cd is the best one in my opinion because they have several instrumentals that have orchestras in them and their "new" sound is a little more rock and a lot less country but it still keeps the acoustical elements of the other cds too .
    i figured you would rather hear about this band than "mushroomhead" they are what slipknot and the other nu-metal bands are all about lol and they wear masks lmao

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    trippy some music for you would be "Black Tape for a Blue Girl" that is name of the group if you can find it its very mellow kind of like Depech Mode or Kitaro if youve ever listened to him. I used to listed to this tape called "Ashes in the Britle wind" by Black Tape and it was very relaxing. However Kitaro is good also buy my all time any favorite would be anything by Eric Clapton.

19. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    cool ryan ill hafta check em out i like new music even if its only new to me lol
    for the country people out there have you guys listened to "southern culture on the skids? it is some funny funky and twangy stuff lol remember the song "camel walk? im sure you have heard it on the radio before you just didnt know it lol :cool: they definately have some talent and a great sense of humor lol maybe a sample listen on the cdnow site? lol

20. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    I been listening to Blue Man Group, ever since they came to the Nutter Center in Ohio, I love this stuff. No words to mess the tracks up. And who hasn't thought on beating on stuff to make music. Genius I tell you!!