music recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by trippyclwn, Oct 13, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i know a lot of the boc brothers dont believe in music they cant understand and i know im the last one to tell them otherwise but if you are into the heavy metal type music check out a band called " mushroomhead" they sound kinda like slipknot and pantera and one of the singers sounds kinda like he should sing for pink floyd lol in fact they do a killer version of "empty spaces" from floyd's the wall cd. it is a little bit heavier sounding but it rocks!
    they also do a cover of seal's "crazy" the original version is kinda cool but this version is a lot better IMO they also have a song on the FREDDY VS JASON soundtrack ,mushroomhead bring a heavy sound to it and they have awesome keyboard parts that compliment the songs they put out.
    if you dont think you will be too impressed check out cdnow.com and you can hear samples of their songs! and that goes for most of the cds they sell. this is not a solicitation or endorsement just a helping hand in letting you hear before you buy! which helps me when im picking a cd out. it would be nice if record companies were nice enough to send you singles of these new bands before wasting 15 bucks on a one hit wonder cd lmao which is what a lot of newer music is turning out to be these days lol

2. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    MushroomHead sounds good. And I like the heavy rock, just not death metal. I think anyone can belch into a mic, but Singing, yelling and making the listeners want to beat someones ash. Thats good stuff. Good lifting music too. Of course nowadays these bands are going 80's power ballot style. Which is cool if the band keeps it roots and only does one every so often. Mudvayne seems to keep getting softer and softer, which is a shame. Whatchya think Trippy?

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I listen to most anything. I have classical to bluegrass to rap to death metal and all in between.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i recommend the cathedral quartet, and the statler brothers

nothing like harmony

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The Gospelaires or IIIrd Tyme Out.

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    :D

Most of Beau Jocque's stuff is great like "Oh Me Oh My".

<><Baitkiller><>

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    johnny cash

sarah evans

black oak arkansas

red hot chilli peppers

8. willisjj

willisjj Guest

David Alan Coe

Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Waylon and Shooter Jennings

Molly Hatchet

Hank Williams Sr., Jr, & III

Jerry Jeff Walker

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    R.L. Burnside or the Blind Boys of Alabama.

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Wow,

What a wide variety of music...

I mainly listen to Gospel now. I love great harmony. Lot's of great Group's out there...

11. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    David Allen Coe is funny , but sometimes alittle ...well.......umm.....yeah, you know.

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    well i agree 100% about mudvayne lol can you say "getting radio friendly"? i have their first cd and was floored by death blooms the singing parts kinda stuck with me a little better but they got some talent and imagination lol look at their paint back then! lmao and now masks of aliens? kinda seem like they are wanting to be a little more slipknot than original but they still back it up lol

13. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Well, I don't listen to much mainstream music. I have been trying to think of bands I like that are more "user friendly". Having a hard time, lol. I like the Foo Fighters new cd, the first one, at least.

Trippy and Marshall, check out Hot Water Music. That's the only band I can think of that you might like that I do, :p

14. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    the other day i bought the freddy vs jason soundtrack and it is awesome marshall! so many awesome songs and most of them are metal related !
    i think while we are on the heavy metal subject i have a question for you.
    is it just me or did megadeth go back to their original sound lately? lol
    i heard the system failed the other day and ill be darned if they dont have that aggressive sound they had after the metallica fallout of dave mustaine lol
    their cryptic writings cd and the world needs a hero cds were the start of it but now they are still keeping that edge.
    and metallica decided to make an aggressive heavy cd but they failed to put any SOLOS! on the cd!!!!! metallica minus guitar solos? what was the point behind it? lol
    i know some people are like me saying i cant wait to learn kirk hammetts solo for the new song! lol (yes i play guitar too lol)
    on the new one its fast and heavy but no solos and they kinda lost some aggression on their singing too lol kinda like a "neutered" sounding metallica? lol
    ouch on that note im leaving it alone lmao

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    sis i do like the foo fighters and quite a bit of "mainstream and alternative bands these days i just wanted to let the "metalheads" know the new mushroomhead cd was better than their first cd and to people who like metal of any kind (musically ) to at least go to cdnow and listen to a few seconds of the songs lol i like all kinds of music and i have to say i remember my dad listening to johnny cash when i was little and deciding that is what i wanted to do play guitar and sing (well it helped the decision anyway lol) the man in black was evolving even in his last days of music and thats what all of us musicians need to do eventually lol i dont know about you guys but i hit brick walls when i get better and better and it makes me feel like thats as far as the boundries of my music will take me lol
    so there are two ways to correct it first is the obvious give it up and move on to another type of music and "evolve" a little. or 2 just put the guitar down and stop playing till you think you suck bad enough to go back to it lmao
    anyway im playing guitar again and i have been trying to play more types of music and not get stuck playing one type lately lol
    pretty wierd when your wife walks in on you playing bon jovi, then all of the sudden iron maiden? lmao and back to metallica(old school anyways lol and then slipknot? lol and suddenly hear a little johnny cash too? go ahead and say it im wierd lol

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Okay, Trip, you're weird, but that has nothing to do with music. :p If you looked at my CD book, you'd be amazed at what is in there. I like all types of music, from the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, to Jay Z, lol. My preference is more underground, DIY bands, and some older emo and poppy punk stuff (no, not top forty pop) Like HWM, Alkaline Trio, Descendents/All, Samiam, Gameface, Strung Out, Face to Face, Get Up Kids, Thrice, Coheed and Cambria, Motion City Soundtrack, Taking Back Sunday, etc...

Not a real big metal fan, but I did listen to my fair share of 80's hair metal, lol.

17. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    back before danzig was a metal band there were a few bands called THE MISFITS, and SAMHAIN both were punk bands and both were the apitomy of the (black flag) days (henry rollins original band) and where are they now? lol well is danzig even around? i havent heard anything from them lately does anybody know if they are still a band anymore? lol it would be nice to see a misfits/samhain reunion tour but im not sure if that will fly lately lol

18. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I like Elvis and all them from the 50s and 60s and 70s. But my Girlfriend loves System of a Down and likes a plethera of other music.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I have a real freak that works with me. He listens to that music that makes you want to kick a boom box down 40 flights of stairs.
    He has a collection which most of has to be ordered because nobody is stupid enough to stock it on store shelves.

70's and 80's era British and Italian (I call them psychodelic bands).
    What a freak!
    I'd rather listen to the muppet man or chitty chitty bang bang until I die.

20. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glenn Danzig has been doing a few movies here and there, plus a little music.