Mushrooms.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Mar 30, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can feel it in the air. It's almost time here to start beating the brush for some tastey little morsels. Morrells should be poppin' just any day now, so y'all don't forget to post up when you find some. If this should be in a different area, then by all means move it to the appropriate area. Just want the low down asap. I'll do the same.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    When the Poplar leaves are the size of a mouses ear, it's time for Woodfish! I figure it will be about two weeks from now in this part of Virginia.

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here in southwest Missouri we have been finding them within the last 2 weeks like it was mid April.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Tried some special "SHROOMS" back in the late 60's and early 70's. What a ride! LOL! Now I'm just a borein old fart and chase em around in a little olive oil with onions and peppers.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I am now relieved that I have never ridden on a train with a boring old fart that used to take magic carpet rides. :tounge_out: And WHEN did you say you retire?

Joking, of course, GP.

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    went out 2 days ago an found 1 just got some rain an it was 80 yesterday they should be up good this week end i hope going to give it a try im going to say its going to be a good week or so before they come on good here in south Ind. keep us posted ill post back

7. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They are up in Oklahoma. Been finding them for the last 2 days. I filled a wally world bag yesterday in less than an hour.

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Another few weeks here...but I am ready to go.

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Your A Kill Big George.LMAO. J.D.

10. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Ahhhh! It's music to my ears that some have already had some luck. Things seem to be about 2 weeks ahead of schedule here, that's why I asked. I won't have a day off 'till Monday and Tuesday, but you can bet I will be mushroom hunting both days. We are in for more rain between now and then. That will keep the leaf litter good and soggy. I'll post back with results. Thanks ALOT for the head's up.

11. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    When hunting those elusive shrooms, I like to wear camo and sneakers. I'm also very quiet so they can't hear me coming. This year I might try a morrel cover scent. I also hear that people who cut meat can't catch mushrooms.lol! Hey does anyone know what the bag limit on morrels is?

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    iv'e been told as many as you can find is the limit. and if you have a dog like me that sniffs them out for you, its not trespassing if he accidentally tracks a deer and you have to go get em....:cool2:

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ours will be out when the lilacs bloom. I'm an ol' Bohemie and have eaten them all my life. Will dust off the hoope stick in about 2 weeks. I've developed a life threatening allergy to them and can't eat them anymore. (can I be desensitized?) Doesn't stop me from finding them. Got 22lbs last year and gave them to my buddies. Didn't know I had so many buddies.

14. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'm thinking of going out and see if I can find some. How cold is to cold? its like 41 out and raining. what do you think

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Awe, you're just an apprentice, what could you possibly know?LOL! Where's the pics of your 'shrooms? Not sneeky enough?

When the average daily temp. hits 50 for at least a week, with moisture, and a tad of sunshine. If it's 41 for a daytime high, it's too cold. It's been too cold here for 2 weeks now. I've still got my fingers crossed that when it warms up I'll find some more, but I'm not holding my breath.

16. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I can feel it too...but right now its a nor easter.

17. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss