mushrooms and ticks

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by stump jumper, Apr 20, 2008.

1. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    found about fifty mushrooms sat also found ticks the new pup and i were covered ,time to spray down and get out in the woods ,good luck:wink::wink::wink:

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They go hand in hand don't they. I have never looked for ticks, but they must be harder to find than shrooms! They find us sure enough I just wish I could walk through the woods and have mushrooms fall on me like the ticks and burs do. lol:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. fishfreak

fishfreak New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where on earth do you find mushrooms around kansas city?
    I can't seem to find any. I would like to treat my young adult children to a good hunt, fry and taste.
    Can anyone help? :sad2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We find most of ours under sycamore trees in the low lying areas.They are just now really poppin up here the past few days.Also, welcome to the BOC weather ya find any shrooms or not.:wink:

5. fishfreak

fishfreak New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you, I'll give it a try. Any particular area you could send us?

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm from the southern part of the state. I would try to find some bottom land.Possible some game/fish management property. Sorry i can't tell ya more on where to go.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC alta.
    Might try around Lake Jacomo. Lots of shrooms are found there. Lot af area to cover. Monkey Mountain is another good area to go to. As Mr. T said in another post check out Burr Oak Woods in Blue Springs.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Another thing that helps to keep tick from attaching is taking a bath with lye soap. The might crawl on you but wont bite.

Tom