mushrooms and ticks

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stump jumper, Apr 20, 2008.

1. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    went out sat and found a good batch of shrooms about fifty of them. found them all on the edge of the timber no more than 30 foot in still a little early but if you dont want me finding yours you better get in the woods. also spray good i have a new four month black lab and i dont know wich of us had more ticks im up to eight good luck shroomin guys:wink:

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I wont get out until this weekend, so if you get to my spots before me i guess i am just out.:cool2:

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey there wasn't any where I was at, so maybe next weekend they'll be poppin..

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They go hand in hand don't they. I have never looked for ticks, but they must be harder to find than shrooms! They find us sure enough I just wish I could walk through the woods and have mushrooms fall on me like the ticks and burs too. lol:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well you can go hunt off our 25 acre timber in Cumberland county, you just have to split the bounty 50/50 :wink: :big_smile:

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The wife wanted to know how come I didn't bring her any mushrooms..

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Mushrooms are being found today here in the Troy area.

8. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    im gonna see what i can do for her il pm you about wed and tell ya were to pick them up anything for a fella brother but dont telll anyone im giving them away!!!!!!!!!pm me with a phone number il meet ya and take ya out:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

9. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    just got back from behind the house got a pound or so of shrooms and about two pounds of asparagus got the charcoal going pork and chicken cabobs fresh asparagus mushrooms and frozen sweet corn from last spring mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hot tub n 45 min you know what they say :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I found between 40 and 50 today and only one tick so far. A couple of more days like today and you will need a high lift to haul them out. Didnt find any of the real big ones yet

11. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Had 62. I left a few small greys for seed. Got skunked on the catfish but I can fish all year round. Only get mushrooms for a week or so

12. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I've managed to find a few ticks. Where are my mushrooms? Hunted three places down in Texas Cty this weekend but they hadn't come up yet. The Jacks Fork is in prime floating condition if anybody is interested.:smile2::tounge_out::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Whew, man am I relieved to see the actual subject of this thread - I thought it was about a new recipe for a minute:eek:oooh::wink: