Mushroom hunting

Discussion in 'Capt Steve's RV and Camping Talk' started by andrew76, Jan 29, 2009.

1. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well i havent seen this thred yet so let me ask? Is any one ready for the up coming mushroom hunting season?

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm ready for what season mother nature brings. I go from hunting to ice fishing to shed hunting then mushrooms. Then on to fishing then ginseng and scouting and back to deer hunting. I missed a few, But you get the idea.. It's hard on wives But I love the outdoors!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You better believe it.Least it will be warmer weather by then.Hopefully anyways.

4. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I never quit, hunt mushrooms year round.

5. limted

limted New Member

State:
    indiana
    Any one know of any good eating and not posion mushroom morals are the only ones i hunt becuse i dont know whats posion i know some can make you very sick the morals are getting to very few on them where i hunt them at i haven found :sad2:any for a couple of years

6. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    I Love mushrooms does anybody eat hens of the woods/sheeps head/Gaurdini

Attached Files:

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep sure do, thats a nice haul.....Oysters are great too!

8. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    I pickeled 4 cases of pint you ever tried them? deer sausage and a mushroom a little cheese&crackers Kings never ate that good!:wink:

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    You betcha! also dry a lot for cooking, and I must say a buddy that makes cheese for a hobby (pretty good to) any way last year I sent over a few pounds of morals and he chopped them up and added them into the farmers type he made, WOW! you talk about good with a hunk of veny and crackers, LOL matter of fact just had a snack of some along with this years jerky that we just finished up :wink: I like to take the Hens and slice off a 1/2-3/4 inch slice and brush it with butter and roasted garlic and grill it up, just about as good as a porter house,.LOL Have a few rabbits in the slow cooker right now for tomorrows eats,.

10. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    ...... now your talk'n sounds wonderful ...we use hens in ster-fry /snowpeas/cloves garilic/canned tommato contains every thing in the garden ...AaaaaHhhhhh son-son cut-sliced or diced thems almost as good as it gets.

11. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    this are HEN OF THE WOODS

Attached Files:

12. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Man that thing is a huge mushroom.

Looks awesome! :wink:

I would like to try it, but I would probably get the ones that you get all buzzed up on :(

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :crazy::eek:oooh:Aint nuttin wrong with a nice buzz every now & then:smile2:

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :smile2::smile2: Hmmmmmmm, Na them look like big sesame seed buns, LMAO! Grow in the cow lot (I THINK)

LMAO!

Yep them are Hen-O-Woods, and they are excellent! they grow in some pretty good size groups round here Paul, well every where they grow, cool weather shrooms... Also a style like them called Chicken of the woods they are a bit small sized and more orange than grey but just as good!!!!!!

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Its the yr of the morral....gonna be a good one!

16. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    CANCERS NATURAL ENEMY

17. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    I LIKE;The outer edge this one as big as a truck tire!

Attached Files:

18. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    Last fall we grilled some aslo< along side 1 pk pork steaks,6 split cicken breast, 2 samll Tbones....GUESS what got ate? had left over meat!! & had to grill more shrooms...for those that read this you may not belive IT,but untill you try it you'r miss'n OUT!

19. limted

limted New Member

State:
    indiana
    When is the best time for oster mushroom and where do they grow i just tryed some one dried they were great i want to try hunting them

20. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hey Steve, you all do the puff balls too? gots ta get them suckers fresh but they are very good also...... We walked up on a few last year that were about the size of a soccer ball, and so fresh they were all but squirting when ya cut into them.