mushroom hunting in missouri???????

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by missouri cat hunter, Apr 25, 2009.

1. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey ive never been mushroom hunting in missouri where im from we always find them by dead trees and thats it ive only found one moral here in missouri so far and asking for help on where people in missouri look for mushrooms because ive looked my head and tail off and only found one lol so i gave up and grabed the ol cat rods lol

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Ronald: Welcome to the BOC. Don't know what part of Missouri ur in, but down here in the southwest part of Mo. we find them around sycamores.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the Boc Ronald. Like David said sycamore trees are the ticket down here in southern missouri. I didn't find any this mornin while turkey huntin but it's gotten dry the past few days. No turkey either.:confused2:

4. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    We have found over 1000 in the past 5 days up here in the St Louis area. And that is only like 1-2 hours a day lookin.

We are findin em in the bottoms around dead elms.

Haven't found any up in the hills yet, but then again, I have been to lazy to hike. LOL

I think we will find a ton tommorrow after this good rain we are gettin today.

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I wish I could find mushrooms worth a darn. I'm horrible at finding morels, but love to eat them. :angry:

6. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    hey blue bruiser, are you looking the meramec or missouri river bottoms? a couple buddies went to the missouri by boat last week and only found a handful, but i've been finding a bunch along the meramec and any other bottoms with either elms or ash.