Muscle Cars!! Vroom!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bownero, Aug 3, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's a topic that might gain some interest of the speed crazed readers!! I have always been fascinated with Muscle Cars of the late 60's and Early 70's. The Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, GTO's, Roadrunners and more. Heck, I was only a little Chit, when these cars were tearing up the pavement. I still remember seeing some of these cars when I was growing up in grade school. Big engines and the roar of the exhaust gives me a feeling of jumping in the car and just smoking the tires!! Hoping someday my wife and I can safe up the cash and invest in one of these cars!! My favorite is the Mach1 Mustang with the 428 SCJ under the hood. It just looks like a car going 100mph standing still!! Love the looks. (MEAN)!!:cool2:

I would like for any of the members to post some thoughts and maybe better some pics of some muscle cars. Do you own 1? That would be great to see the pics of it!!

Here's are some videos of a true muscle car!! Enjoy the good Ol' times when gas was cheap and cars were built right!![youtubevid]HrUJDIRH1E4[/youtubevid]

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    [youtubevid]JKqPKObKfHc[/youtubevid]

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That was some bad shit there. REPS brother!:wink:

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    [youtubevid]W3Yju1_WD9Q[/youtubevid]

5. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Thats sweet!!! Love the chirp into second!! :cool2: If I had the money I'd love a 1970 chevelle ss 454 LS6 black with white racing stripes!! :big_smile: I got a 1990 Full size Bronco with a 351 a K&N cold air intake and true dual exhaust it's not a muscle car but when i punch it you can definatly hear me coming. :big_smile:

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    mark go to [suncoastcruisers.com] that is the car club we r in i,m in the process of getting it linked to the BOC site as soon as i can get the info to our webmaster with car club

I THINK YOU WILL LIKE THIS SITE

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm there Dumptruck!! Definently going to check it out!! My cousin in Iowa just bought a 1968 Camaro SS with a 350. 3:11 gears I think! I drove it and it's a tank with the manual steering, but it motivates pretty good. I Smoked a Ford SUV last weekend while visiting in Iowa.LMAO!:smile2: Yeah! My cousin was generous enough to let me drive it. It's white with the black racing stripes. Paid 15K for her. Yeah! It needs some TLC, but it runs great and looks pretty straight!! Nice ride!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Heck Yeah Dumptruck!! I checked out the suncoast cruisers website. Those are some sweet cars the club has!! Seen that 1969 Mach1!!:worship: I'm in love!! Even red!! Going to bed dreaming now!!

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I HAVE A RED WITH WHITE STRIP 72 CHEVELLE SS 402 PRETTY MUCH STOCK excecpt for keystones on it an headers with flowmaster exhaust .The wife has a 64 chevy ll with a some what mod. 350 in it an my son has a 73 red with white strip z28 with a mod.350 in it .Also have a 1960 belair to work on sometime . i need to learn how to post pics so i can get some on here that u can see better than the ones in my album now.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Would love to see those pics of your cars!! Sounds like some nice rides for sure!!

11. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    muscle cars are the one thing i love more than fishing... i have more than my share of them in all forms from fresh barn finds to full blown race cars.. i have sold a few over the last few years because i lost my free storage space in a friends warehouse but i have a few that will never leave,,,
    49 dodge pickup gasser -- straight axle with a 440/6pack and 4 speed
    62 chevy2/nova [BELONGS TO MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER]
    64 malibu [BELONGS TO MY 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER]
    64 malibu ss convertable
    66 cadilac deville [soon to have a supercharged 502]
    69 camaro z/28 dz302
    70 chevelle ss 396 4 speed [BELONGS TO MY 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER]
    79 malibu drag car,, 406ci aluminum head nitrous engine

these are a few that i still have and plan on keeping.. if i get my old computer fixed i wil try to post some pics... as you can see my 3 daughters are set for their first cars!! the only way they are to be sold is for college money if they need it!!!:cool2:

13. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Buddy of mine in Highschool had a 70 GTX with a 440. He had MickyThompson N50's on the back and when he layed into it it would eat grooves 16" wide a half inch deep into fresh black top.
    I love all the old muscle but them old Mopars were brutes!
    My older brother had a mach just like the one in the vid but lime green and black. He layed a patch of rubber in front of my folks house that you could still see 10 years later.
    Nothing like raw brute power!

14. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Mine aren't 60's or 70's muscle cars. Ones from the 30's and one from the 80's. The 32' is all steel. It also has zoomies on it now instead of the block huggers. They will both get with the program.

Attached Files:

15. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man ive got a 51 Ford P/U at the house I would love to get that nice...
    Sweeeeeet:wink:
    Puddle

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    You bet!! Some of ya have some sweet cars!! Very nice! The cars that I owned were.

74' Chevy Nova/ 350ci. Green
    75' Dodge Charger/ 360ci. Blue with white top
    78' Z28 Camaro / 350ci. Silver and black
    79' RS Camaro / 305ci. Silver and Black

wish I still had the Z28, it was a premo car. very nice and clean!!

17. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife and I have owned some classics,,, we just did not know they were classics at the time,,,lol

1967 Pontiac Grand Prix convertible 400ci 360 hp red with whit top and white leather interior

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible 318 white with black top and 3 color interior

1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertible 429 white with red leather interior

1973 Pontiac Grand ville convertible 455 all white,, looked like a Boss Hog car,,lol

1965 Ford LTD 390 4 speed, factory stock bench seat,, I'll bet they did not make over a couple hundred of them,,, dark blue in and out.

1957 Ford F100 292 4 speed green

After the 1964 Cad,,, we bought it because the big convertibles they quit making,,,,my wife figured out she likes Cads,

1983 Cad 2 door white with red cloth interior

1989 Mustang convertible GT 302 white with blue top, white leather interior

1993 Cad white everywhere

1999 Cad Deville Northstar v 8 red with neutral interior....

You know the funny thing about life,,, when I was young , my cars got waxed every week,,,, really shined,,,,now I'm lucky if they get washed,,,,

Is it old age??? or the cars are not as exciting anymore....

18. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Mustang eater. LOL

[youtubevid]CZq1Fh1Lbos[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]7lUFPYevUFY&feature[/youtubevid]

19. JRamey7783

JRamey7783 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    MUSCLE CARS ARE GREAT. IM GLAD TO SEE SOO MAY PEOPLE HAVE A LOVE FOR THEM AS I DO!! IF YOUR EVER IN ATHENS, GA YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THE STREET MASTERS CAR SHOW, HOPEFULLY ILL BE VOTED IN THE MONTH. HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY BABY.

Attached Files:

20. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Mustang eater? Oh Yeah? LOL!! [youtubevid]B4aEI1ENejw[/youtubevid]