Murry hydro and lock

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by r_corter12, May 2, 2007.

1. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    I WILL BE FISHING HERE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY I HAVE SOME FROZEN SKIPPIES BUT HOPE FOR SOME LIVE SHAD IVE HAD NO POBLEM GETTING THEM HERE FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERETED.I WILL POST MY CATCH ON MONDAY.

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Can't wait to see it. I'll be hitting a local spot here in NY, caught a few 18"ers last time out hope to gain a little on those this trip.

Rich

3. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Randy, looking forward to your post. We were down that way a month or so ago and found that we could catch a few skipjack just up from the walking bridge pylon that was closest to the bank. Good luck!!!

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If there's a current running through the cut in the section dividing the discharge canal and the main river, that can be a good spot for skippies.

5. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    ONLY CAUGHT 3 FRIDAY NIGHT DIDNT FISH BUT ABOUT 3 HOURS.SATURDAY WE CAUGHT 8 IN ABOUT 4 1/2 HOURS NO BIG ONES THEY WERE ALL BOUT THREE POUNDS.AS MANY OF YOU PROBLY KNOW THE RIVER WAS UP AND MUDDY.NO SHAD AVALIABLE EXCEPT A FEW LARGE ONES 10",CAUGHT ONE SKIPJACK HE WAS VERY LARGE SO WE HAD CUT BAIT.BASS ARE SPAWNING I CAUGHT SEVERAL IN MY THROW NET AGAINST THE BANK FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW.