Murray on thursday 3/16

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tony, Mar 18, 2006.

1. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    was out thursday evening for a bit and could only muster 2 five pound white cats! tough right now with all this on again off again weather, speaking of weather, this week is suppose to turn nasty so we'll see???? bass are spawning here right now, so cattin should get better after that, shallow cattin that is!! good cattin to all!!!

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Tony whats the biggest cat you ever caught out of Murray.

3. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    i would say it was a flathead! years ago when they first pulled the lake down to start work on the dam, i caught a flathead about thirty pounds early one April morning! the biggest blue was about twenty pounds, and the biggest channel was close to twenty, and lots of fat white cats up to seven pounds!!! I think that if they ever stopped stocking stripers in Murray, the blues would take over and all other cats would get alot bigger! just my two cents??? it'll never happen though??? good cattin to all!!!!!

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Tony - those white cats good eatin'?

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    man you ain't kiddin those white cats are real good eatin!! i'll be gettin a few of those in the next few days!!! good cattin to all!!!!!