Murray Lake?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ARwhiteskin, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    I'm off to Recruiting school next week at Ft Jackson in Columbia. I will be there for 6 weeks and was wondering about the fishing on Murray. I heard there are blues in that lake. Is this true? I also plan to fish Santee while I'm out that way. That will fulfill a life-long dream for me! Whether I catch a fish or not, it will be awesome to say I was there. Anyways, any advice, or help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Murry does have blues. Its got a real good population of them to there have been some pretty biguns caught there. Hopefully some of the local guys can give u more info.

3. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    Beaufort, I appreciate the info. If nothin else, maybe I'll run into a few whiskerfishermen out on the lake. If there are blues in the lake, I'm gonna go after em! Thanks again!

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    If you go fishing and can afford it hire a guide.That will make your experience all that much better.If you need help with Santee just holler. Go to the South Carolina threads and read up on all the info you will need.Then feel free to ask your questions.Th SC/NC boys will jump in I'm sure.:big_smile:

5. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    Appreciate it Jim. I might hire a guide, but I'm definitely gonna give them SC blues a go. I havent been able to fish for them on this side of GA and havent been back home in awhile. I've caught alot of flatheads and channels on Clarks Hill/Strom Thurmond but, I'm a whiteskin man at heart! Thanks for the help.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck Danny I hope you get on them. Like Jim said just hollar if you need anything or if I can help you.

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The blues on Murray are alot easier to find and catch from november till febuary.This time of year is a little tough because of alot of suspending.The little lake just north of Murray (Monticello) is a good one in the summer time though.

8. Quercus Alba

Quercus Alba New Member

State:
    The midlands, SC
    I don't fish Murray but I live within shouting distance of the Fort. If you need any help once you get in town or have any questions give me a holler.

9. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    Thanks fellas. QA, chrisblue, and rivercatsc.I sure will. I appreciate the advice about Monticello. Them blues do the same thing back home this time of year. I'll holler uncle if they beat me up to bad. Then I'll look yall up. Thanks again.