Murphy and Kinkaid Lakes

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigen, May 15, 2008.

1. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Need a little help fishin for some big channel cat on murphy preferably or kinkaid. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron Welcome to the BOC. If I were fishing Kinkaid for channel I would fish the north west section of the lake. Fish the creek channel and the flats associated with that channel creek. For numbers of channel I would suggest fresh cut bait, or Sonnys Dip Bait. This should give you a good starting spot.

3. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks bud I really apreciate the help. Im new to the catfishing game but have grown to love what little I have done so far.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron I'll give you some rep poiints to get you started. You have found the best catfishing site/community in the world. When you get time check out the BOC library for lots of info. Also check out the BOC Illinois Gatherings.This is were we all get together and meet each other, eat, and learn the tricks of the fishing trade. Rend Lake Gathering takes place in June. You are welcome.

5. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thank you very much mickey I will def. look into the library and also the rend lake gathering. Nice to have a welcoming face when your new to this sort of thing so for that I thank you mickey. And thanks for the point's, I don't have any pics yet but I won't dissapoint you.